SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#105043 - 07/02/03 07:19 AM When I think I'm out they pull me back in
beachbum Offline

Loc: Austin
Thought I was finally done with the cd.. Sounds good on my windows media player and through headphones. However, as I played the thing on the stereo the wife complains I sound like I'm in a hall and have too much echo, reverb or what have you. Now it's back to square one... I think I'm going to cut out any vocal effect.. Not that I have much anyway except for a bit of compression to keep the levels even.... Any ideas?

#105044 - 07/02/03 07:38 AM Re: When I think I'm out they pull me back in
BEBOP Offline

Loc: San Jose, California
I always play a new cd upon completion in the computer, then the family stereo system, then the car, before I finalize it.
Those are the places that people will listen to the CD.
Best to all
Bebop

#105045 - 07/02/03 11:12 AM Re: When I think I'm out they pull me back in
Starkeeper Offline

Loc: Toronto
I was listening thru cheap ear plugs (not headphones) and I heard that as well. The accompaniment was crystal clear and thought the accompaniment was excellent, but your voice was drowned in reverb/echo.
Any chance you could sing without yelling?
Starkeeper

#105046 - 07/02/03 11:46 AM Re: When I think I'm out they pull me back in
beachbum Offline

It took 2 months to make up the tunes and 4 months to try to master recording... At this point I may trade it all in and find more pleasure in picking my nose in a hobby format.
DJ

#105047 - 07/02/03 12:31 PM Re: When I think I'm out they pull me back in
Starkeeper Offline

Loc: Toronto
Don't even consider that thought.
Starkeeper

#105048 - 07/02/03 12:54 PM Re: When I think I'm out they pull me back in
beachbum Offline

Thanks StarMan,
I'm starting to get some more ideas and will continue to work until I master this beast. I just get frustrated sometimes.

#105049 - 07/02/03 04:28 PM Re: When I think I'm out they pull me back in
Tony W Offline

Loc: Lancaster UK
Hi Beachbum,
I know where you are coming from! The real pig is that you have it, (your creation), in your head (or maybe more than that ...in your heart maybe), and somewhere in the process of translating it into a format where other people can hear what you are trying to say it all starts to sound....different! ....and that is only the creative part!

When finally you compromise and are relatively happy with a song, (in my experience the original concept is vastly different to the song you end up with), the nightmare begins as to being producer, Singer, AND playing all the instruments and doing it all to perfection so that your song does not suffer because of it!

The wonder is that we ever get anything down at all. Now in an ideal world our best friends would own studios and be competent musicians, their best friends would be pro singers and we would sit back and direct procedings with the authority of a composer who knows what he wants to say

Mind you that would take all the fun out of it too would it not?

Keep at it.....for the one in a hundred times it comes out just right is really worth it (until someone else tells you how bad it is of course )
Very Best to you
Tony W

#105050 - 07/02/03 09:16 PM Re: When I think I'm out they pull me back in
beachbum Offline

Thanks Tony,
It seems we all need a pick me up after our hair has been yanked out. I'm re-recording the whole thing. I used hardware for effects so there is no going back. I'm tempted to use zero vocal effects this time. I always thought writing lyrics and music would be the hardest part... OR PERHAPS MY MEGAR BUDGET IS CAUSING THE RECORDING PROCCESS THAT PALES IN COMPARASION TO HAVING AN ALIEN BURST THROUGH MY BELLY...
THANKS AGAIN AND AS King Arthur HAD A QUEST TO SEEK THE HOLY GRAIL... I SEEK THE HOLY MIC...
DJ

#105051 - 07/03/03 05:59 AM Re: When I think I'm out they pull me back in
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Quote:
Originally posted by Tony W:
Now in an ideal world our best friends would own studios and be competent musicians, their best friends would be pro singers and we would sit back and direct procedings with the authority of a composer who knows what he wants to say

And there would also be a couple of mind readers who could hear exactly what we hear in our heads, and put that on manuscript ..
t.

#105052 - 07/03/03 06:06 PM Re: When I think I'm out they pull me back in
Tony W Offline

Loc: Lancaster UK
Quote:
Originally posted by tony mads usa:
And there would also be a couple of mind readers who could hear exactly what we hear in our heads, and put that on manuscript ..
t.

Now you are talking
I need me one of those big time!
Best to you
Tony W

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online