SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#104542 - 05/10/06 06:33 AM Re: OT - Heartburn/Acid Reflux
Tom Cavanaugh Offline

Loc: Muskegon, MI
I too had the same problem with acid reflux. I would take a couple of Gavascon as a precaution before I went to sleep.

Now that I'm diabetic I've reduced my food intake to 1500 to 2000 calories a day. I've also lost 25 pounds. Guess what, the acid reflux is gone.

Tom

Tom

#104543 - 05/10/06 10:56 AM Re: OT - Heartburn/Acid Reflux
brickboo Offline

Loc: Fruita, Colorado, USA
I had heartburn since 1980. I ate rolaids for years. I have no ulcers but a very active acid producing stomach and acid reflux. I started with Zantac. It worked. So did Pepcid and Tagament. Then maybe 10 years or so ago I discovered Prilosec. $2.90 each at that time.

Then I met someone who could get them for me from Mexico for 8 cent a pill. Been eating them ever since. I can eat anything. My local druggist told me that Nexium is the same identical medicine with an added insignificant ingredient to keep it on prescription so they can keep the price up.

You can now get Prilosec for 50 cents on sale with coupons over the counter at any food store with a pharmacy, but I'm going to stick with the 8 cent Prilosec from Mexico. One in the morning and one in the evening. I can't go without them.

You should all be taking Saw Palmetta for your prostate also. My eurologist even recommended that to me.

Ask Posse if I know how to get rid of Athelete's Foot! Ha! Ha!

I may go to Medical School yet. There's still not a whole lot happening in the OMB business in Western Colorado.

#104544 - 05/10/06 11:04 AM Re: OT - Heartburn/Acid Reflux
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Boo, you'll be sorry when you wake up one morning and burp in Spanish.
DonM

#104545 - 05/10/06 12:53 PM Re: OT - Heartburn/Acid Reflux
Esh Offline

Loc: Hilton Head, SC, USA
I'm on Protonix now which is a photon-inhibitor to control stomach acid and have been scheduled for upper GI endoscopy this Friday to see what the real problem is.

Thanks GlennT - I've been sleeping on double pillows but many people have recommended the elevated bed so no matter how the endoscopy goes I'm raising the bed.

#104546 - 05/11/06 02:02 AM Re: OT - Heartburn/Acid Reflux
nardoni2002 Offline

Loc: malaga, spain
A new medication coming to light apparently with excellent results that cures 650 diseases is Colloidal Silver.This was discovered over 80 years ago, and there are forums throughout the world singing its praises. The large pharmaceutical companies are trying to give it a lot of bad publicity because it cannot be patented and are saying that it is dangerous,and yet it is used in hospitals as the main cure for burns and accelerates healing.Hypocrisy eh.(i read last week that the biggest killer in USA is ?????????????????????????????? prescribed drugs).

#104547 - 05/11/06 01:46 PM Re: OT - Heartburn/Acid Reflux
bruno123 Online   content

Loc: West Palm Beach, FL 33417
I too have lived with an acid reflux problem for many years. I take Prilosec daily. I am now 74 years old, let me share what I have learned.

1-If you sing acid reflux will have a Harding effect on your voice.

2-if you keep taking medication like Tums and Prilosec your body loses its ability to fight the acid.

3- Keep the bed elevated.

4-Do Not ---Do Not eat late. (After 6PM)

5-This is a hard one – change your diet, give your body what it is asking for.

If you listen carefully to your body it will tell your all you need to know about staying healthy.

In my 20’s, 30’s and 40’s I did a lot of singing but my voice was too thin, not enough bottom. In my 50’s and early 60’s age and reflux acid put more bottom in my voice. I now have good eating habits and my voice is fairly stable. Ha ha, what a way to go. At 74 I’m still singing a pretty fair tune, that should be an incentive to some.

Sharing, John C.

#104548 - 05/11/06 02:43 PM Re: OT - Heartburn/Acid Reflux
GlennT Offline

Loc: Medina, OH, USA
John, thanks for bringing up some excellent points. What exactly in the Harding effect? As far as listening to your body... I dono. Mine tells me bratwurst, fried chicken, ribs, ice cream, all the good stuff, ya know?

Glenn

#104549 - 05/11/06 06:20 PM Re: OT - Heartburn/Acid Reflux
bruno123 Online   content

Loc: West Palm Beach, FL 33417
Quote:
Originally posted by GlennT:
John, thanks for bringing up some excellent points. What exactly in the Harding effect? As far as listening to your body... I dono. Mine tells me bratwurst, fried chicken, ribs, ice cream, all the good stuff, ya know?

Glenn

Glenn, There are two parts in everyone’s body. One tells you to do all the fun things and eat all the greasy stuff – the other part says eat all the bland stuff. Don’t blame me I didn’t make the rules. Aaaaaaaah.

I eat 3 to 4 small balanced meals a day. I eat to supply my body’s needs. It was not like that years ago, if it did not move I ate it. It’s amazing how careful you get when there is not a lot of time.

Vocal chords, throat – all begins to harden (Become less flexible) with age, the acid reflux adds to the problem.

Let’s go back to something happy like me buying Tyros 2. I will see one for the first time this week. So it’s good bye KN7000 and hello Tyros 2. Not an easy thing to do after playing Technics keyboards for the last 12 years.

Stay well, John C.

[This message has been edited by bruno123 (edited 05-11-2006).]

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online