SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#104068 - 10/13/04 04:19 PM Need help on Auto-Accompaniment variations
MrEd Offline

I want to get an arranger-style keyboard and I will be relying very much, on the auto-chord accompaniment feature for left hand.

The only feature of this type that I have used is the "Casio Chord" function on Casio WK model keyboards. In that mode, you press 1 note and you then hear the major chord of that note. Adding -ANY- 1 note higher than that root note changes the chord to a minor. Add -ANY- 3rd note higher than the root and the 3 pressed notes changes the chord to a 7th. I tried some Yamaha PSR's and soon found that there is a difference.

I was wondering how this auto-chord accompaniment feature varies accross the many brands other than Casio. I have not made up my mind as to the brand KB I choose, but what I learn about this feature may help me decide.

I will be working on developing my right hand for keyboard playing, but that will take some time so in the meantime, I need this feaure to provide my accompaniment.

Thanking you in advance for your help and response.

Ed

#104069 - 10/13/04 04:30 PM Re: Need help on Auto-Accompaniment variations
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
The best place to learn the chord and fingering techniques is http://psrtutorial.com/L/Start/ST3_Fingering.html

Good Luck,

Gary

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#104070 - 10/13/04 04:46 PM Re: Need help on Auto-Accompaniment variations
cassp Offline

Loc: Motown
Since Yamaha is the largest seller of arranger keyboards, maybe PSRTutorial is the best place, but I think you asked about different 2-3 finger fingerings by different manufactureres. I've had Yammy, Korg and Roland and found Yamaha to be the least natural for me. On Roland and Korg the maj7, 7th, maj6, etc. fingered more like the real chord. Of course, if you use full chords - as I do now - they are all equal.

[This message has been edited by cassp (edited 10-13-2004).]

#104071 - 10/14/04 12:02 AM Re: Need help on Auto-Accompaniment variations
trident Offline

Loc: Athens, Greece
Ed,
Those systems are easier, but I would encourage you to try to use the "fingered" mode. It is more difficult in the beginning, but, once you get the hang of it, you won't have to "learn" new approaches any more. You will be able to play on anything, from any manufacturer.
On the other hand, buy something that sounds the way you like and has the features you like, and in a week you will be able to learn the manufacturer's sytem, easy or not.

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online