SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 6 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >
Topic Options
#104033 - 03/31/06 02:37 PM Re: New top keyboard from Roland - E-80 - is released today!
brickboo Offline

Loc: Fruita, Colorado, USA
Fran,
Please tell me what or who is CK.

Also explain the use and importance of marking a SMF in an arranger keyboard. I really don't know. Again, what's wrong with me? What am I missing? Am I cheating my fans?
Needless to say I feel stupid again.
Does the Midjay mark SMF?

Man I'm never gonna catch up! As a matter of fact I feel like I'm being left in the dust. I may go back to laying brick!

#104034 - 03/31/06 04:16 PM Re: New top keyboard from Roland - E-80 - is released today!
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
boo ... to my knowledge, marking a standard midi file (SMF) means you have the ability to 'mark' where the chorus is, where the 'bridge' is etc. and then you are able to go back to those 'marks' during performance ... it gives you the freedom to 'arrange' or lengthen the song during performance, much like you might do if you were just using a atyle or playing with a 'live' band ...
t.

#104035 - 03/31/06 04:41 PM Re: New top keyboard from Roland - E-80 - is released today!
brickboo Offline

Loc: Fruita, Colorado, USA
Tony thanks, that would be handy for using a bit of midi files.
Who is CK?

#104036 - 03/31/06 04:52 PM Re: New top keyboard from Roland - E-80 - is released today!
MrEd Offline

[QUOTE]Originally posted by brickboo:
Again, what's wrong with me? What am I missing? Am I cheating my fans?
Needless to say I feel stupid again....

Man I'm never gonna catch up! As a matter of fact I feel like I'm being left in the dust. I may go back to laying brick![QUOTE]

Boo, you're not alone.
I recently thought, back to the acoustic squeeze box and the trombone for me

#104037 - 04/01/06 07:30 AM Re: New top keyboard from Roland - E-80 - is released today!
Craig_UK Offline

Loc: UK
Ketron AJ mentions on an above posting he is getting rid of 3 G70's to make way for E80's and E90's. Is the E90 a mistake on his part or is this a bigger version of the E80 (76 note maybe) that hasn't been mentioned yet?

#104038 - 04/01/06 08:10 AM Re: New top keyboard from Roland - E-80 - is released today!
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Craig, I am sure AJ meant E60..

#104039 - 04/03/06 09:35 AM Re: New top keyboard from Roland - E-80 - is released today!
Starkeeper Offline

Loc: Toronto
Quote:
Originally posted by brickboo:
Tony thanks, that would be handy for using a bit of midi files.
Who is CK?

CK is a type of instrument dealer, 'Contemporary Keyboard' dealer, according to Fran. Since Roland will not sell these keyboards through ALL of their dealers, there will be less visibility. What is wrong with their marketing department. I guess they are protecting their specialty dealers and lowering their sales.
Starkeeper

#104040 - 04/03/06 11:55 AM Re: New top keyboard from Roland - E-80 - is released today!
john smies Offline

Loc: koudekerke, Holland.
Sorry guys but I am no longer a regular here so just got to read this thread.......
I guess I am taking offence to Niels'remark that only Craig and Spalding find fault with the G70 (haha) , as most of you know by now , so do I, and I have in detailed explained myself.
Although not owing a G70 myself I have played it quite a few times at a friend's of mine. Which is more than I can say for our friend Fran !!
Now don't get carried away Fran cause I mean no disrespect but for ages now I have been wanting to say this, as you keep on raving about the G-1000 and all subsequent Roland issues. YOu have never ever played a G70, by your own admission, though it has been on the market for well over a year. Despite the fact you cannot stop from blowing its horn, figuratively this time.
I have some trouble here in taking you seriously on that issue.
Anyway , as to the new E80, I concur with others like Spalding who remarked that if it is basically a G70 with speakers and a few more minor changes/additions it won't rock the boat.
If you look at the professional keyboard market at present you need no college education to notice that Yamaha and Korg have swept the board and that Roland is badly trailing. I find no satisfaction in saying so, I am merely stating a fact.
Hell, I still have my old E70 !!!!!
regards,
john

#104041 - 04/03/06 01:23 PM Re: New top keyboard from Roland - E-80 - is released today!
nielshs Offline

OH, I forgot you john, sorry .

You have never heard the E-80. But you donīt like the G-70 and for that reason you donīt like the E-80. You donīt like Roland arranger keyboard. Thats OK. The technical level in todays Roland arrangers is probably too high for you, so keep your good old E-70. It sounds great.

/Niels

#104042 - 04/03/06 04:24 PM Re: New top keyboard from Roland - E-80 - is released today!
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
John, as you said, I have not played G70 yet..and as I have mentioned in other post, I have owned all the counter products that make up the G70.

Namely, FantomX, VK8, and DisCover5..The Fantom X is the best current workstation[I also owned a Triton Studio]..The VK organ, also the best, even competes with the new Hammond models[better than my older Korg CX-3]..and the DisCover5, with the best harmonizer[yes better than the Helicon TC unit on the Korg PA1X]..

These are the points that I base my opinions, and I have always reserved my final comments[good or bad] when I get to spend time with a G70[not a couple hours, but days]..

Believe it or not , I am open minded about all the lines...I have owned all of them..Yamaha ,Korg, Ketron...and for my personal satisfaction, I have chose to stay with my G1000[ toot, toot], until something lights my fire..

It won't be the Korg[poor design to me'] good sounds, especially organs, but sure isn't in the VK class'..

It won't be a Yamaha, worst keys of all, and majority of sounds just don't appeal to me..

Could be a Ketron, but not another SD1 for me..a better shot would be a Midjay, or a keyboard designed after a Midjay..

These are my personal opinions and based on comparisons of "all" the above boards i have owned..

John, the E70 is a great board and worth keeping[resale value???]..No where in the G1000 class[Toot, Toot!!!].

Page 6 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online