SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 4 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >
Topic Options
#104013 - 03/30/06 12:41 AM Re: New top keyboard from Roland - E-80 - is released today!
K.Boarder Offline

What I see is this: The message was "Roland
has released the E80". A new arrangerkey-
board. Why are there such negative reactions
when nobody has heared this instrument.
This must be a kind of illness.
Please give it a chance and try to keep your
vomit inside.

#104014 - 03/30/06 01:32 AM Re: New top keyboard from Roland - E-80 - is released today!
spalding Offline

Loc: Birmingham
Noone has given any negative comments about the E80. What do you mean "please keep your vomit inside " ? Where has anyone posted anything in this thread that merrits this kind of comment?

This doesnt need to escalate into anything more than a discussion about keyboards. So please dont add petrol. Simple

#104015 - 03/30/06 01:56 AM Re: New top keyboard from Roland - E-80 - is released today!
adimatis Offline

Loc: Oradea, RO
you're right!
so, these new arrangers from roland...
what do you think, would that bring down the prices for all the other arranger lines from roland (meaning gw7, exrs, g70, e09)?
and what i am really curious is what do you think the keybed (key feel) is in these instruments?...

[This message has been edited by adimatis (edited 03-30-2006).]

#104016 - 03/30/06 06:21 AM Re: New top keyboard from Roland - E-80 - is released today!
Alex K Offline

Loc: Phoenix, AZ USA
Quote:
Originally posted by K.Boarder:
What I see is this: The message was "Roland
has released the E80". A new arrangerkey-
board. Why are there such negative reactions
when nobody has heared this instrument.
This must be a kind of illness.
Please give it a chance and try to keep your
vomit inside.

K.,

I am more surprised at such a euphoric reaction of some people, who have not heard the instrument.

To me release of the E80 is a non-event. It is just another example of Roland ignoring users' [my] needs, which are so well articulated in forums like this.

Unless the e80 comes with a roadie, I would not be able to use it, even if the key feel was ideal, and the sound system was 100 Watt. Not only does it weigh a ton, it still has only 61 keys, navigagtion buttons nearly stuck together, and the dreaded touchscreen navigation.

So to me this is a top keyboard by weight only.

I also did not appreciate the attempt to confuse the potential users by listing the size of the sound ROM in bits. What will they do next - list the number of transistors on the sound chip?

Sorry if my comments sound negative, I am just a bit disappointed that Roland is yet again proving that they don't care about users like me. As a long-time Roland user, I really, really want to see a new high-end instrument intended for people playing live, like I do. Perhaps I don't do it as frequently as some of the full-time pros in this forum, but to me suitability for playing live is one of the main criteria of judging an arranger instrument. It is sad to see Roland yet again falling short of my needs.

Regards,
Alex

#104017 - 03/30/06 06:34 AM Re: New top keyboard from Roland - E-80 - is released today!
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Alex, I hear you....

Maybe we have to adapt...When I first had a DisCover5,My first response was.."What in the world am I going to do with this"...A couple years later, I forced myself to look deeper and see if I can get anything out of this board...I have grown to love this board..It has features that I hope Roland continues to use with all it's new boards..Some of these are on the current boards..Namely, the best vocalizer I have used..Great storage media, great lyric and chord extractions, and markers for SMF's...throw in the cover functions...it is and was a winner from day one..

I too, see things that I may not like[prefer] on the G70...Time will tell[after I play or own one]...

#104018 - 03/30/06 07:17 AM Re: New top keyboard from Roland - E-80 - is released today!
Starkeeper Offline

Loc: Toronto
It doesn't have a harmonizer!! That is not important for me, but it will not be able to go head to head with a PSR3100. Why does Roland do this?
What's a rotary encoder?
The "Guitar Mode" sounds intriguing.
I would love to have another Roland. Roland's regular voices are better then Yamaha's in the mid-range area.
I will definitely demo this unit and a PSR3100 before making a decision.
Starkeeper

#104019 - 03/30/06 07:56 AM Re: New top keyboard from Roland - E-80 - is released today!
adimatis Offline

Loc: Oradea, RO
sorry, am i late with the latest news?
3100? is it a real project already, or you meant for the undefined future?

[This message has been edited by adimatis (edited 03-30-2006).]

#104020 - 03/30/06 08:00 AM Re: New top keyboard from Roland - E-80 - is released today!
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
You can make it true...Change a zero to one on your PSR3000, and use nail polish, painting afew buttons...Bingo , you have the new PSR3100!!!!

#104021 - 03/30/06 08:05 AM Re: New top keyboard from Roland - E-80 - is released today!
Wis Offline

My G70 is a very good instrument and I think
the E80 could even be better.
Let us wait untill we heared it before judg-
ing. It is a wellknown fact that some of the
members of this forum try to create a nega-
tive atmosphere around Roland keyboards.
Nobody knows why but they did this several
times before.
They do not own a Roland and their opinion
can not be taken serious and fair.
Intelligent raeders in this forum know how to value their comments.

#104022 - 03/30/06 08:19 AM Re: New top keyboard from Roland - E-80 - is released today!
Wis Offline

I forgot to say the E80 will have a vocal-
harmoniser.

Page 4 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online