SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#103749 - 03/16/05 01:47 PM Re: Ordering Wires
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Phil, You could use this for both, however, the site does not specify the gauge of the wire, or at least I didn't see it. For studio work, anything lighter than 20 gauge is too light, and 18 gauge or heavier is preferred.

If the wire meets those specifications, you can use it by twisting the two pairs together, which will then make it a heavier gauge wire, and solder the twisted pair to the tip connection on the 1/4-inch connectors and plugs. The sheld wire or braid is then soldered to the sleeve connection of the jacks and plugs.

For the mics, pin #3 is the hot wire, and pin #1 is the ground wire (shield). It's a straight forward connection.

Be sure to tin all connections, which helps create good, solid solder joints.

Cheers,

Gary

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#103750 - 03/17/05 01:03 PM Re: Ordering Wires
Pennywizz6 Offline

Loc: Shakopee, MN, USA
Arg, they are out of the stuff Gee everything is going great for me Does anybody happen to know of another source for that type of wire?

Another Idea I had was ive seen 200 feet or so of XLR cable for like 40 bucks, could I cut off the XLR plugs, cut the wires to length and hook 1/4, banana and XLRs to it?

Thanks,

Phil

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online