SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#103630 - 02/15/02 09:53 PM Re: Keyboard Mountable 'Mic Boom'
danb Offline

The clip-on mic that the newscasters using might be a good idea. Put it on your shirt and sing. But I don't know if they can be use for profesional performances. There may not be one made for that. I guess if you want to sing comfortably there must have something infront of your mouth. The headset type is good for live energetic performances like Janet Jackson. You will loose the dynamics specially on slow songs. Scott, I'm using an Apex stand with built-in boom mic stand. But I don't know if you will like that kind of stand. If you will only use one keyboard the stand is ok. Good luck.
Dan

#103631 - 02/15/02 10:19 PM Re: Keyboard Mountable 'Mic Boom'
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Dan,
That APEX was the standard for a long time, but mine tipped over one time too many, because of the weird center of gravity. If you hit it on an angle, from the side - it goes over with a feather touch !(Falling TOWARDS you) Not good, not good.
Another problem with the Apex: There is not as much useable space for footpedals at the base of the stand. I only use two, but some players have a whole board full of triggers at their feet. It also looks weird if you use an Apex from a seated position. Like you're sitting behind a pole.
I ditched mine long ago.
Re: the lapel mics - NO NO NO NO!
They are omni-directional and have terrible response for singing. They are for speech only. If you don't need a lot of dynamic expression, then a headset is a great option to save space, but it will never give the performance of a good, handheld mic - and that's the most important element of my shows. Without singing, I feel like I owe the people change!

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online