SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#103455 - 01/24/02 12:45 AM Missing the Mark
Mike H Offline

Loc: Homer AK
Just a thought for discussion!

While I completely understand the need for lightweight all in one arrangers to fulfill many entertainment and performance needs, I know in the darker corners of my mind there is a residual prejudice against the boom-box origin of this genre of instrument. I may be way wrong on this but it seems to me that keyboard workstation/synth products are destined to merge with arranger functions. I don't think its possible to look at Triton, Karma, Fantom, Motif products and not feel this to have some basis in truth. Following that up - and with the understanding that the primary market for arrangers is still men of 50+ years, I would have thought that the launch of the Genesis should include two models - one complete as the NAMM demo - and one with a greater resemblance to the 9000pro, the SD1, and perhaps the VA76. Again, this is only one opinion and is a result of my prejudices - but I believe that enhanced sounds, quick function, light weight, great sequencer,76 keys, groove enhanced styles, adequate DSP, - are the essence- and should be a primary product version of any good board - and represent the path to wider sales.

MH

#103456 - 01/25/02 06:09 AM Re: Missing the Mark
DanO1 Offline

Loc: Maryland
Hate seeing "0" next to a post . I work for Ketron .........." No comment" . dano

#103457 - 01/25/02 06:30 AM Re: Missing the Mark
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Me too. I won't touch THAT one !

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online