SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#103163 - 11/09/05 12:20 PM Just bought a brand-new Tyros-2 from George Kaye in Reseda, CA
Tommy L Offline

Loc: Alhambra, California, USA
Last night Tuesday 11/08/05, I stopped by at Kaye's Music in Reseda, CA just to say hello to the owner George Kaye and trying out the new Tyros-2. I spent about an hour there trying this new toy and George he was very helpful and very friendly to me and he told me he will give the best deal on the Tyros-2 (I bought the G70 from him before). At the end I walked out the store with the new Tyros-2 even though I already have the PA1X-pro (I think I'm crazy!!!). I'm very happy that I got the Tyros-2 from George instead of the Guitar Center or Sam Ash stores (right now these stores don't have the Tyros-2 yet, Kaye's Music is the only one that have the Tyros-2). In the past I mostly bought my gears from Guitar Center for the best deals but George can also give you the best prices and he will extend his services to help you right away if you need it and he will find out the answers for you later. I'll compare the Tyros-2 with the PA1X-pro and give you guys my opinions later... Buy from George Kaye, you won't be disappointed...
Thank you George

#103164 - 11/09/05 01:06 PM Re: Just bought a brand-new Tyros-2 from George Kaye in Reseda, CA
Eric, B Offline

Loc: Ventura, Ca, USA
Hi Tommy,

congrats on your new Tyros2.
Should make a great addition to your current set up.
Now you got all the top KB's
Nothing to complain here.

Have fun exploring it.

Eric

#103165 - 11/09/05 01:17 PM Re: Just bought a brand-new Tyros-2 from George Kaye in Reseda, CA
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA
originally posted by Tommy L
Quote:
At the end I walked out the store with the new Tyros-2 even though I already have the PA1X-pro (I think I'm crazy!!!)

You're not crazy!! Congratulations. I'd have both too if it weren't for trying to balance my musical interests with a family Have fun with your new toy

I demoed the PA1X-pro last week, nice board. Same here where I live, can't find a dealer who has a T2 in stock to try. I'll be looking to hear your opinion T2 vs. PA1x-pro.

#103166 - 11/09/05 01:37 PM Re: Just bought a brand-new Tyros-2 from George Kaye in Reseda, CA
Johnnie.c Offline

Loc: England
Quote:
Originally posted by Tommy L:
Last night Tuesday 11/08/05, I stopped by at Kaye's Music in Reseda, Thank you George

Nice to see a different dealer getting some credit on here for a change

#103167 - 11/09/05 01:48 PM Re: Just bought a brand-new Tyros-2 from George Kaye in Reseda, CA
Bernie9 Offline

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA
I am too. I guess I'm old fashioned. While George is in the business to make a buck like everyone else, but he has been a valuable fiend of this forum for many years. The last time I spoke with him about his opinion about two different keyboards, he spent 45 minutes on the phone carefully explaining the pro's and con's of each. You can take what George says to the bank.

That's my opinion anyway.

#103168 - 11/09/05 03:09 PM Re: Just bought a brand-new Tyros-2 from George Kaye in Reseda, CA
George Kaye Offline

Loc: Reseda, California USA
Thank you Tommy and the others for your nice comments. I really do enjoy the many friendships and customers I have made here at the synthzone over the years.
Tommy had a Tyros but was never happy with the feel of the keyboard untill he came in last night a played the Tyros2. He immediately loved the new keybed with it's semi weighted action. The new articulated sounds also got a big smile out of him. I really appreciate all your business over the years and the many friends you have sent to my store.
George Kaye
Kaye's Music Scene
Reseda, California
(Retired 2021)

#103169 - 11/09/05 07:55 PM Re: Just bought a brand-new Tyros-2 from George Kaye in Reseda, CA
ccdmax Offline

Loc: South Jersey
Quote:
Originally posted by Tommy L:
...At the end I walked out the store with the new Tyros-2 even though I already have the PA1X-pro (I think I'm crazy!!!)...

Congratulations Tommy!

Well you have the setup I'll have in a couple of weeks if Yamaha finally makes the delivery...
But just like you... I'm crazy
The only thing with Tyros2 is... I wish they would make it a "Seventy Sixer"...
After playing for only a few days on my PA1X Pro... I will never ever buy 61 keys again... not to mention a keyboard with no semi weighted action...
(Tyros2 is a exception... 'cause I have no choice... and I want it sooo bad... )

cheers,

------------------
Yamaha PSR9000, PSR730, Korg PA1X Pro, Karma, X5D, Yamaha Tyros2 on it's way

[This message has been edited by ccdmax (edited 11-09-2005).]

#103170 - 11/10/05 03:18 AM Re: Just bought a brand-new Tyros-2 from George Kaye in Reseda, CA
rumbero Offline

Loc: france
Hi everybody
Congratulations Tommy and respects to George Kaye; could all the music shop responsables do the same !
I just received my Tyros 2 yesterday and spent about three hours testing most of the styles; they are built very well and above all usuable; the synchro loops pads are great and I'm waiting for testing the style assembly function; I hope not be disappointed.I already have a Korg PA60 and I don't Know concerning the PA1X, but the styles are grooving, bluffing but not easy to play with because essentially of overcharged melodic elements. Nonetheless, comparing to the Tyros2,IMO it seems to own a more powerfull sound engine, with substantial low resolution frequencies which confer it profound and big sound. Tommy, would you tell us if you feel the same comparing Tyros2/Pa1x ? Could you tell me as well if, as I think, Tyros 2 has superiority concerning ergonomic functions and open and usuable well built styles ?

I would like to ask something else regardind
convenient aspects : I am restricted by the lack of space in order to dispose my 2 Keyboards. How do you do? I heard about Ultimate stands and K&M as well, which propose models to dispose 2 keys in superposition via a central column; if someone could inform me,it will be very nice.
Pierre

#103171 - 11/10/05 04:52 AM Re: Just bought a brand-new Tyros-2 from George Kaye in Reseda, CA
trident Offline

Loc: Athens, Greece
What I want to say is rather OT.

Everyone here is trying to make a buck, I believe nobody is rich enough to not worry about money. But it seems that everyone here agrees George does this with dignity.

Congratulations George...but I will never buy from your store.....unless you open one in Greece.

#103172 - 11/10/05 05:55 AM Re: Just bought a brand-new Tyros-2 from George Kaye in Reseda, CA
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA
Originally posted by ccdmax
Quote:
The only thing with Tyros2 is... I wish they would make it a "Seventy Sixer"...
After playing for only a few days on my PA1X Pro... I will never ever buy 61 keys again... not to mention a keyboard with no semi weighted action...

In the last day or so I heard a taped program from a Yamaha club where the host reviewed T2. I don't recall his exact words, but his message was that Yamaha's research showed that only a small percentage of musicians want 76 keys. That's a crying shame imho

[This message has been edited by Stephenm52 (edited 11-10-2005).]

#103173 - 11/11/05 10:12 AM Re: Just bought a brand-new Tyros-2 from George Kaye in Reseda, CA
Dave Wolf Offline

Loc: Granite City,IL USA
I purchased my SD1 from George,was very happy with his service and help--I am quite certain the keybed of the TYROS 2 is the same as the MOTIF es as I have one of those also

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online