SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#102632 - 09/23/04 12:47 AM arranger modules
lucreyns Offline

Loc: Belgium (europe)
Actually I use a controller keyboard Roland A-90 connected to a moduleRoland XV-2020. The latter has no arranger options (e.g. accompagnment styles).
Has anyone a good overview of the arranger modules actually on the brandnew market or used market? Can anyone make me some good or practical recommendations?

#102633 - 09/23/04 01:06 AM Re: arranger modules
MacAllcock Offline

Loc: Preston, Lancashire, England
Roland, Korg, Gem, Solton all make such units.

On the priciple that newest is best the Roland DiscoverM ought to be worth a look!

#102634 - 09/23/04 02:10 PM Re: arranger modules
George Kaye Offline

Loc: Reseda, California USA
I sell two modules. The Ketron XD3 and the Generalmusic WK2. These are both good modules with arranger functions and the WK2 is also Oriental ( for middle eastern music).The price of the WK2 is approx. $795.00 and includes a floppy disk drive to save and load and to play standard midi files direct from the floppy. The Ketron is around $1500.00 and can have options for hard drives and vocal harmonizers but do not include these features unless you wish to pay an additional price. The Ketron by most is considered the better module because of it's accurate acoustic instruments and very good styles. The GEM is an older module which has been around for many years now and doesn't sound as good except for the middle eastern instruments and styles.
George Kaye
Kaye's Music Scene
Reseda, California
(Retired 2021)

#102635 - 03/14/05 12:35 PM Re: arranger modules
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by George Kaye:
I sell two modules. The Ketron XD3 and the Generalmusic WK2. These are both good modules with arranger functions and the WK2 is also Oriental ( for middle eastern music).The price of the WK2 is approx. $795.00 and includes a floppy disk drive to save and load and to play standard midi files direct from the floppy. The Ketron is around $1500.00 and can have options for hard drives and vocal harmonizers but do not include these features unless you wish to pay an additional price. The Ketron by most is considered the better module because of it's accurate acoustic instruments and very good styles. The GEM is an older module which has been around for many years now and doesn't sound as good except for the middle eastern instruments and styles.
George Kaye
Kaye's Music Scene
Reseda, California

George:

How much would the WK2 Oriental keyboard cost, including shipping to chicago, IL? I see you mentioned that they go for $795. So i just want to get an idea about the shipping and handling costs. Also if you can tell me about the warranty.

THX

#102636 - 03/14/05 03:27 PM Re: arranger modules
Anonymous
Unregistered

Just to be accurate, the WK2 also has an optional hard drive, four part vocal processor and video output for Karaoke.

I would also suggest you consider the Genesys XP. This is a new module version of the Genesys Pro keyboard and has exactly the same functionality and features of the keyboard version. Including internal hard drive, floppy drive, CD burner that plays audio and mp3 files, etc. The Genesys XP is in a much higher price bracket that the other modules mentioned here, but if you want the very latest, most versatile arranger module available......

Best Regards,

Dave

PS- The Genesys XP is a special order item meaning that we are not stocking these in our warehouse. However any GEM Pro dealer can order the Genesys XP. This also means that you probably will have a hard time finding an XP model to demo. Not to worry though, as I said the XP is exactly like all other Genesys models. So you could check out a Genesys SP, Genesys Pro or Genesys Ensemble home version and see and hear what the XP has to offer.

------------------
Wm. David McMahan
Nat'l Product and Support Manager
Generalmusic USA
GEM Community Forums

[This message has been edited by WDMcM (edited 03-14-2005).]

#102637 - 03/14/05 06:50 PM Re: arranger modules
George Kaye Offline

Loc: Reseda, California USA
Robi,
I received your email and just replied with information regarding price and availability.
Thanks,
George Kaye
(Retired 2021)

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online