SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#102509 - 10/10/06 06:43 PM Jerry tell us about the SMN dinner!!
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Ok Jerry , I will let you tell everyone about the Solo Musician Network dinner...Tell us about Uncle Dave...and all the accordion players..and the violinist..

I am sure people can't wait to hear from you

#102510 - 10/10/06 07:59 PM Re: Jerry tell us about the SMN dinner!!
Jerry T Offline

Loc: Phila. 'burbs, Pa. USA
OK Fran. For all both of you who may be interested:
This was my first dinner meeting with the Solo Musicians Network group. I had worked with and/or for some of the people in the room and was a guest of singer “A” Marchese, whom, I have had the pleasure working with several times recently and whom, I believe worked with Uncle Dave in the past or at least worked the same room. I must say it was a thrill for me to meet, face to face with Fran Carango who, by the way is a super nice person, and his pretty and saintly wife Kathleen; and the Uncle Dave that I had admired after seeing him at the Crab Trap for several years and reading his posts on this forum. I was thoroughly impressed with the musicianship of everyone in the room. There were about 40-50 musicians some in their mid 80’s and still working. Before, during and after dinner, most everyone took a turn either singing or at the keyboard. During the introductions, several of the people admitted to being ex-accordion players (including Fran) which made me feel that I had a little something in common with some of the members. After dinner, Giorgio Di Giunio treated us to a couple of numbers on his 5 string violin accompanied by a Midjay. He arrived from Italy about 3 months ago and stopped into the little Italian restaurant where I play and sat in with me for a couple of numbers and blew the patrons away with his playing. I took him to see the Budesa Brothers and he sat in and impressed them and has done a couple of jazz gigs with them in the Phila. area. Just before I left, a young lady, Katt I believe is her name, strapped on an accordion and played some Klezmer music. It looked like a late night jam session was forming and I was sorry I had to leave, but I had a couple of red wines and a long drive home.
Did I miss anything Fran, except for the fact that not only were these people fine musicians, almost all of them would make great comedians?
Ciao,
Jerry

#102511 - 10/11/06 01:54 PM Re: Jerry tell us about the SMN dinner!!
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Hey Jerry, I guess no one really cared about our outing...

#102512 - 10/11/06 02:48 PM Re: Jerry tell us about the SMN dinner!!
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
ok... what was for dinner?, were there appetizers? ... soup?... what? ....

ok, seriously,
.... any pics? ...... what kbs, songs, etc. were played? ... did you guys play? ... UD?

t.

#102513 - 10/11/06 03:00 PM Re: Jerry tell us about the SMN dinner!!
Nick G Offline

Loc: Sydney, NSW, Australia
Quote:
Originally posted by Fran Carango:
Hey Jerry, I guess no one really cared about our outing...

Haha its a boring story Fran!!! LOL only jokin

#102514 - 10/11/06 05:55 PM Re: Jerry tell us about the SMN dinner!!
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
There are usually pics posted at the website: www.solomusician.com
I THINK that's the address. If not, There is an agent that posts after the dinner too at: www.jerysam.com

We ate well, laffed hard and had a great time !

#102515 - 10/11/06 07:13 PM Re: Jerry tell us about the SMN dinner!!
btweengigs Offline

Loc: Florida, USA
Access the pictures: Members only.
Bummer.
Eddie

#102516 - 10/12/06 07:28 AM Re: Jerry tell us about the SMN dinner!!
Dnj Offline

Too bad I missed this meeting I'm usually there with my buds Dave & Fran.....I had a double gig that nite....sounds like another great time...it only happens twice a year.....to be in a room where EVERYONE working solo does "WHAT YOU DO" makes for a very special evening to hob-nob....hope to be at the next April get together.

#102517 - 10/15/06 09:44 AM Re: Jerry tell us about the SMN dinner!!
Dnj Offline

#102518 - 10/16/06 02:04 AM Re: Jerry tell us about the SMN dinner!!
rolandfan Offline

Loc: South Africa
As long as the food was tasty

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online