SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#102261 - 03/27/05 12:03 AM G-70 questions
Turnip Offline

Loc: Linköping, Sweden
1. On my old VA-7, it was possible to choose which parts that should be affected by the EQ. How do I do that on my G-70?

2. I load a factory style,make some changes to it, and save it under a new name. When I then try to write some "one touch settings" to my new style, it says:"One touch only for factory and custom styles". Isn't my new style a custom style?

2. If I use the makeup tools to change different instruments and then save it, somtimes the changes hasn't been saved and sometimes it has. Is this a bug?

#102262 - 03/27/05 10:04 AM Re: G-70 questions
Phantom75 Offline

Loc: Italy
For the moment (I don't have the manual here with me) I can help you only (I hope ) for question 2,about one touch:
they are available only for the position of the bank select: there are about 285 factory styles and 120 assignable custom style (there is in the bank style selection a button on LCD to press to access them).
So, if you want to use OT for a your style, you have to locate the style in a position of "custom style" page.

They don't work for styles selected using the Style Finder.
I dunno if I was clear in my explanation, sorry but in these days I don't have my G70 with me...

Regards,
Rival

#102263 - 03/27/05 10:27 AM Re: G-70 questions
Turnip Offline

Great, I'll try that right away. Thanks!

#102264 - 03/27/05 01:29 PM Re: G-70 questions
ironhill Offline

Loc: NRW, Germany
Hi Turnip,
1. Using Effect Buttom you can choose Multi FX 2 (STEREO EQ). Select field Part Assign.
3.(2) You didn't write if you change song or style instruments. Notice: there are diferences between playing songs using song player and 16 track sequencer!
Regards: Hanspeter

#102265 - 03/28/05 08:40 PM Re: G-70 questions
Turnip Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Phantom75:
For the moment (I don't have the manual here with me) I can help you only (I hope ) for question 2,about one touch:
they are available only for the position of the bank select: there are about 285 factory styles and 120 assignable custom style (there is in the bank style selection a button on LCD to press to access them).
So, if you want to use OT for a your style, you have to locate the style in a position of "custom style" page.

They don't work for styles selected using the Style Finder.
I dunno if I was clear in my explanation, sorry but in these days I don't have my G70 with me...

Regards,
Rival

I tried this, and it works but not all the times. Sometimes it still say's "One touch only to factory and custom styles" but the next time I try, it works fine with exactly the same custom style! And sometimes when I load my custom style(to which I have linked some "one touch settings") it's not the same sounds/settings that I saved! There are definitely some bugs here! I just hope that Roland will fix this in a new software release.

#102266 - 03/28/05 08:44 PM Re: G-70 questions
Turnip Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by ironhill:
Hi Turnip,
1. Using Effect Buttom you can choose Multi FX 2 (STEREO EQ). Select field Part Assign.
3.(2) You didn't write if you change song or style instruments. Notice: there are diferences between playing songs using song player and 16 track sequencer!
Regards: Hanspeter

Thanks Ironhill, but I just want to make some EQ on the drum parts, and leave the other parts unaffected. Maybe I'll have to use the Direct output for the drums with an external EQ.

#102267 - 03/28/05 11:17 PM Re: G-70 questions
Phantom75 Offline

Loc: Italy
Hi Turnip,
Finally I could try on "my" G70 your problem but I think that here all works fine...
...maybe if you can describe step by step your problem I can try to reproduce it here...

but I understand that One Touch are not linked to a style but to its position on Style bank...
i.e. if I select a style using the style bank and then I select the same style using the Finder, the One touch will not work

Further, if I put the Style A in position 1, write the OT for position 1, then I move the style A in position 4, I will not have the OT written for position 1...but the OT already existing in position 4

This is what I see, maybe it is the explanation for your problem

Hope it works
Regard,
Rival

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online