SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#102172 - 02/28/02 07:02 PM Effects controller
danb Offline

I know a lot you people here have seen that or used it years back. I'm talking about the electone or console organ. I onced used a Yamaha organ back in late 70's and early 80's with a cool knee controller and another next to its expression pedal where you can toggle with your big toes to add a simple effects like vibrato or something. Do anybody knows what model number is it? I know Yamaha have that but I forgot the model number. Also is there a similar controller we can use for the PSR keyboard to get our knees working with the groove? I guess we can call it knee controller. Thanks guys.

#102173 - 03/01/02 08:44 AM Re: Effects controller
mdorantes Offline

Loc: Queretaro, Mexico
Hello, I had several Electone models, most of the Yamaha line had them, back in the 70īs the consoles where: E10R, E5, EX42, Gx1,Gx2, spinets, Dk40.....bk20, Bk35, etc..and that knee lever was for sustain/hold, even the lateīs EL series (I still have the EL90 ), have them.

------------------
mdorantes

#102174 - 03/01/02 08:50 AM Re: Effects controller
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
I also remember that the Lowrey organs had the foot switch, which they called the Glide Pedal. I hate to admit this, but I had an old Lowrey that I played in one of the first bands I was with. At the time, I couldn't play much of anything in certain keys. When the band played a song in "E", I would hold the footswitch over and play in "F". Could be the world's first transposer!
DonM

#102175 - 03/01/02 11:06 AM Re: Effects controller
Nobby Offline

Loc: Palmyra Mo. U.S.A.
Don, don't feel bad! You've been a KB player probably longer than I, but the first KB I owned that I could transpose was the PSR-500
The whole year that I owned it, I only played
in "C" and transposed everything!! Ha!!
I still have problems with a few hard songs and I have been known to transfer to a chord that's easier to play. Sometimes ddddd or ###
still have me reachin' for the transpose
button!
Have a nice day,
Nobby

------------------

#102176 - 03/01/02 12:34 PM Re: Effects controller
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Don,
Years ago - Fran and I has Roland JX-10's and we found a way to hook a rubber band UNDER the side of the board with just enough room to reach up and pull the pitch bend lever down. Our first transposer too !

#102177 - 03/01/02 01:09 PM Re: Effects controller
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Dave, your birthday started me thinking back . . . I got that Lowrey the year I graduated from college. -- 1965. Played it through a Gibson bass amp at first, because that's what I had. We wired a line-out to plug it into the amp.
Don

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online