SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#102088 - 02/13/07 03:57 PM Re: Korg PA1X Version 3.0 Available
squeak_D Offline

Loc: West Virginia
Roland and Korg...... putting to rest the notion that you need a software computer-based arranger to have significant OS upgrades, and that your arranger is finished with improvements the day you buy it.
Yamaha.... still stuck sucking the money out of it's users, as the only way to get improved performance is to buy a whole new keyboard....!
---------------------------------------------

Well said Diki! What the hell has Yamaha done for T2 owners to compare to the upgrades offered by Korg for example??? Don't give me the crap that "well the lack of upgrade for the T2 means it doesnt need them" because that's crap! Get your head out of your butt Yamaha. Your method of OS upgrade cost over $3,000
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.

#102089 - 02/13/07 04:08 PM Re: Korg PA1X Version 3.0 Available
Irishacts Offline

Loc: Ireland
Quote:
Don't give me the crap that "well the lack of upgrade for the T2 means it doesnt need them" because that's crap!

+1

They should do something about the fact that it takes the keyboard 3 hours to save 1GB of sample data for starters, and almost 1 hour to load.

Regards.
James.

#102090 - 02/13/07 04:24 PM Re: Korg PA1X Version 3.0 Available
squeak_D Offline

Loc: West Virginia
Holy Crap! That's LONG!!! Geez. I had no idea the save and load time was so low.
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.

#102091 - 02/13/07 04:26 PM Re: Korg PA1X Version 3.0 Available
Dnj Offline

Oh Boy I see a mine is better then yours being born.....

#102092 - 02/13/07 04:41 PM Re: Korg PA1X Version 3.0 Available
Diki Online   content

Loc: NW Florida
I am sorry, but no upgrade is ever going to change the glacial sample transfer speeds in the T2 (and Korg, and any other non-computer sampler currently out).

Keyboard technology usually lags computer technology by at least 5 years. They are only JUST starting to add USB2 to arrangers, and the first ethernet and firewire workstations have been announced at NAMM - but no news as to whether these translate into real world improvements in sample loading, yet....

Donny, this is not be a 'mine is better than yours' thread, it's more of a 'mine is better than it used to be' thread!

#102093 - 02/13/07 05:23 PM Re: Korg PA1X Version 3.0 Available
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Diki:
Donny, this is not be a 'mine is better than yours' thread, it's more of a 'mine is better than it used to be' thread!

I just rather make great music with what I have and stop worrying about what ain't here yet or what ain't out yet.....its nice to dream but Its mind tolling & unproductive....there's nothing wrong with what used to be, remember its what molded us to this day

#102094 - 02/13/07 07:23 PM Re: Korg PA1X Version 3.0 Available
George Kaye Offline

Loc: Reseda, California USA
Just loaded the 3.0 into my store's PA1XPRO. GREAT!!!!!
It turned this keybaord into a brand new keyoard.
There is also a bonus set of styles I loaded (from the PA800) and the best sounding Piano I've heard to date.

------------------
George Kaye
Kaye's Music Scene
Reseda, California
818-881-5566
www.kayesmusicscene.com
(Retired 2021)

#102095 - 02/13/07 11:57 PM Re: Korg PA1X Version 3.0 Available
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
Hi Dikki
All Wersi updates (Like the Korg OS3) are Free.
The only time you pay is when you have a very large upgrade, (Exactly the same as you get when you upgrade your hardware board to a new one) however it is still considerably cheaper then the price you have to pay to trade up your hardware board to a new one.
Enjoy whatever you play

Bill

#102096 - 02/14/07 04:13 AM Re: Korg PA1X Version 3.0 Available
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Irishacts:
+1

They should do something about the fact that it takes the keyboard 3 hours to save 1GB of sample data for starters, and almost 1 hour to load.

Regards.
James.

Yes I totaly agree with this,they shoul need to do somethin about going FASTER load samples.

#102097 - 02/14/07 12:18 PM Re: Korg PA1X Version 3.0 Available
Diki Online   content

Loc: NW Florida
Quote:
Originally posted by Dnj:
I just rather make great music with what I have and stop worrying about what ain't here yet or what ain't out yet.....its nice to dream but Its mind tolling & unproductive....there's nothing wrong with what used to be, remember its what molded us to this day

Ahhhh... the Song of the Yamaha Apologist....

Given how many new arrangers you keep trying out, Donny, wouldn't it be nice to get one without paying for it?

And given how you CONSTANTLY post about the latest arrangers with great interest, and have bought (or at least bought and returned!) several of them, you can't honestly expect us to take THAT quote seriously.....!

You are turning this into a 'mine always was, and always will be better than yours' thread, no matter the facts.

Be happy with what you have, because Yamaha will never make it any better....

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online