SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#101875 - 10/27/05 12:25 PM Re: Tyros 2 is out. I'm gonna get this
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
Actually the keyboards are standard Midi Keyboards stuck in to a cabinet with a 15” Touch sensitive computer monitor stuck behind, and which any one with moderate diy skills could make.
The only similarity with Wersi is that they both use software for operations, and run on a Windows PC. The Wersi however is a fully integrated unit with custom cabinets to contain all the items, plus a vastly superior sound engine, and of which at present Tornado systems can only dream.

Bill

#101876 - 10/27/05 12:37 PM Re: Tyros 2 is out. I'm gonna get this
abacus Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Mainer:
Off Topic

Abacus

Thank you for the input about Wersi and Tornado systems.

I have a Technics FA-1 organ which I thought would be a good canidate for a Wersi expander. Do you have an idea which might be the most cost effective way of acheiving this?

Any othe comments are fully welcome

[This message has been edited by Mainer (edited 10-27-2005).]

[This message has been edited by Mainer (edited 10-27-2005).]

Wersi EX1 Expander would work with your FA1 providing it has a Midi out and a sound input. (Unless you use a separate speaker and mixer system)
Please remember that the picture you see is just the slim control panel that can be mounted anywhere, the main expander box normally being put to the side of your instrument, it is also available in various finishes to match your instrument.
If you have any more questions just post and I will see if I can answer them.
If you have Skype you can give me a call, my Skype name is: abacusks1
Hope this helps.

Bill

#101877 - 10/27/05 02:05 PM Re: Tyros 2 is out. I'm gonna get this
Mainer Offline

Loc: Saco, Me
Bill,

I do not have Skype but I do have Packet 8 which alows me to call free in the US and next to nothing internationally.

MY FA1 is midi equiped with a pretty good degree of flexabilty. These were pretty modern and full fetured organs.

I believe the the Wersi EX-1 is a computer based unit. So thinking if it's possible to use some of my own hardware. Does the EX-1 compare feature and sound wise to the Abacus? I have a feeling these are pretty expensive. In your opinion how would the EX-1 stack up against modern Arrangers and the likes of the Roland Atelier organs. You will have to exuse me a wee bit becaue I am a certified Organ nut.

I am getting ready to go to my annual trade show in Vegas the first of next week so will have my back to the wall for the next few weeks. I wonder if any one on this forum will be entertaining out there. Oh I guess I should try a seperate posting.

Cost wise the tornado software look like it could be a lot of fun but the real details are not on the web sites and it's probably hard to find a user for comments especially a english speaking one.

The Wersi thing has had me doing some serious thinking for quite some time.

Jerry

#101878 - 10/27/05 03:13 PM Re: Tyros 2 is out. I'm gonna get this
abacus Offline

Hello Jerry
1. Skype is a free download www.skype.com and free calls between computers anywhere in the world or for a small charge to normal landline phones, so if you want to call me after downloading Skype it wont cost you anything. Please bear in mind that I live in the UK, which I think is 7 hours in front of Las Vegas time.
2. The main Midi facilities required to output from your organ are keyboards and pedals, with great benefits if the swell pedal and kick switches also send Midi signals. The EX1 Expander easily handles the rest.
3. The Expander is a 3ghz PC with 1Gb of Ram and 80Gb Hard Drive Standard, and Windows XP (You will not need to have anything to do with the XP operating system, as it becomes invisible when everything is loaded up) and is essentially a Verona Organ (Which in itself is a 2 manual and pedal Abacus) without keys or pedals.
4. Yes they are more expensive then the Norm, but they offer so much more and constantly expandable, plus Major upgrades to a virtually new instrument is normally just by software, which means you will never have to trade it in and buy a new model, which means in the longer term it works out a lot cheaper then other keyboards.
5. If you wish to add additional hardware to the computer, check with Wersi first as the biggest problem with computers, is the incompatibilities that can occur between hardware and software.
An additional point is that in the UK there is a 4 CD set available which explains how to use everything on the instrument of the OAS6 software, with updates for OAS 7 out shortly, (This means you will not have to worry about whether you understand the instructions or not) so it will probably end up as 5 CD set to cover all options. (All Wersi Instruments come with a CD Burner, so you can actually listen to the CDs while you are at the instrument)
Hope this helps.

Bill

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online