SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#101652 - 12/07/03 07:46 AM Tyros demo in English
lukitoh Offline

Loc: Hayward, CA, USA
Is there a Tyros video demo like Michael Voncken/other performers in English language I can download for free ? Thks

#101653 - 12/07/03 05:00 PM Re: Tyros demo in English
keybplayer Offline

Loc: CA
No, all the good Tyros Keyboard players live in Europe and don't speak English fluently. Except me. I live in the U.S. and even speak English as my first language. I also play the Tyros superbly. I'm not sure why Yamaha hasn't contacted me yet to do a road show for them. I would even do a Video if they asked me to.

Best regards,
Mike

PS: Seriously?!?!? Arrangers are a much bigger seller in Europe (Germany, Denmark, Sweden, Belgium, Norway), etc., than in America, Canada (English speaking Canadians) or Britain. Apparently Yamaha doesn't think any Americans or Brits, etc., can match Michel Voncken or Peter Baartmans expertise and showmanship. Yamaha Music Division is desperately seeking to turn around lackluster sales and a major financial loss they had just a couple years ago. So to produce Videos and put on roadshows in English would only strengthen Yamaha's presence in the World Keyboard/Arranger marketplace IMO. They hired a new CEO, started to get agressive in how they manage money and market their products, and even produced the Tyros Keyboard in China. All to save a buck and turn around a staggering in the "Red" zone finanical crisis. And I suspect more and more of their Keyboards will be made there, ie., in China, - in the future. But, on a positive note: I think Yamaha is doing a great job in staying on the cutting edge and taking innovative steps to pull ahead of the pack and trying to stay one step ahead of their competitors. But Korg is right on their heels and may soon overtake them especially with some of the new products they're releasing and will soon release - hint - Pa1X/Pro and a soon to be released new Korg Workstation. Don't you just love competition! Competition is good for everybody!! It's good for the Manufacturers because it fuels innovation and cutting edge products and it's good for the Consumer because as a result of competition prices are very - competitive and reasonable for what you get in most cases.

Now if we could just get Yammie to make some English speaking Videos and roadshows - us English speaking folk would be mighty appreciative.

Best regards,
Mike

#101654 - 12/07/03 05:15 PM Re: Tyros demo in English
Tony W Offline

Loc: Lancaster UK
Hello,
Yamaha sent me a DVD last week! It is a full length demo of the Tyros and the CVP210 with Glyn Madden. I am in the UK but would assume that the US have similar sales pitches? Maybe if you contact Yamaha in the US they may have or may be planning a similar give away!

For those in the UK this DVD is excellent. I think they do it on video as well. I wanted the Tyros before I saw this but now I want The CVP210 as well! Both Demo's are about 20 minutes long so it is worth a watch.
Best to all
Tony

------------------
www.tonywmusic.co.uk

[This message has been edited by Tony W (edited 12-07-2003).]

#101655 - 12/07/03 07:17 PM Re: Tyros demo in English
Dnj Offline

#101656 - 12/07/03 08:09 PM Re: Tyros demo in English
lukitoh Offline

Loc: Hayward, CA, USA
I am looking for a VIDEO demos. I heard plenty of mp3s songs done on Tyros.

Thanks anyways.

#101657 - 12/08/03 02:42 AM Re: Tyros demo in English
Wazza Offline

Loc: Sonnega, Friesland, The Nether...
Well, There used to be a demo where Michel Voncken demonstrates the Tyros in English on the european website of Yamaha, but I can't find it anymore, but I still have it on my Harddrive so I can upload it to my server if you want me to.

Greetz ,
Marcel

P.S. Michel's English is okay, I can still understand him perfectly well (And English isn't even my first language!).

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online