SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#101344 - 03/06/02 08:14 PM for uncle Dave
mirza Offline

Loc: london,ontario.canada
hallo...You replyed for me when I asked which speakers should I get for my EV's psx1000 powered mixer...Since here in London Ontario I can't try any of these I have to ask guys on this site....
What is the difference between SX300 and C300..I play with live band//Sometimes with my 9000pro I go alone..But usually I use a lot of drum mashine from 9000 pro...

Thanks in advance...

MIKI

TYROS 5,BEHRINGER X32PRODUCER,YAMAHA DSR112,JBL PRX618s XLF,EV ZLX12p,SENNHEISER E945,....ETC

#101345 - 03/06/02 09:17 PM Re: for uncle Dave
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
The c300's will carry the bass better, and the highs are smoother too. The high end dispersion is better on the Mackie as well.
The EV's do a great job, but are just a step behind the mackie for overall "smoothness". Of course, this is just my opinion, but I have a pretty good sense of hearing, because I have always pampered myself with excellent monitors. My high end recognition is not compromised like so many of my friends that played too loud most of their lives. I never was a "loud" fan, so I used sub woofers to get the "kick" from a system. I've been using crossovers and bi-amping for almost 30 years, and it really has payed off.
If your decision has ANYthing to do with size - then the EV's are going to get more attractive to you. They are smaller, and better balanced to carry.
At moderate volumes, they will both handle the music quite well, but if you plan to push them ..... I'd suggest the Mackies.

#101346 - 03/07/02 06:02 PM Re: for uncle Dave
mirza Offline

Loc: london,ontario.canada
Thanks for your time uncle Dave...I will get me Mackies...Do you know is there any other brand in this level of speakers...Yorkville,Crate,JBL,Community...or someting else...

Thanks again for your time...

TYROS 5,BEHRINGER X32PRODUCER,YAMAHA DSR112,JBL PRX618s XLF,EV ZLX12p,SENNHEISER E945,....ETC

#101347 - 03/08/02 12:01 AM Re: for uncle Dave
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Everyone of those companys make an entry in that price/power range, but I like the Mackies and EV's the best. You won't regret getting the Mackies. They sound terrific.

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online