SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 11 of 11 < 1 2 9 10 11
Topic Options
#101164 - 01/28/06 01:18 AM Re: Peter Baartmans T2 Movie
jxuereb Offline

Loc: Siggiewi, MALTA
Personally I do not believe that being able to change settings of a keyboard while playing makes you a good musician - not that Voncken isn't, because he is great.

I have now downloaded both Deinze demos and watched them. I still believe that Baartmans is the man for music - name a style, he'll play it, and that goes for his techniques too (Louis Armstrong's "When The Saints", anybody? That's some great B3 hammond technique you're missing). Voncken does that too, and I must admit that I think very highly of him, he is great (shame he didn't get the same feedback as Baartmans in Deinze), but I find him quite rigid when it comes to chord adapting. Notice in the demos how Baartmans changes chords, even the jazzy styles that come in full harmonic progressions.

As regards to the T2, Baartmans remains the man. He uses Super Articulation technology so well you'll bet both hands (even if that leaves you incapable of playing music) that it's the real saxophone that you're hearing, it's the real guitar (Asturias...)....

Btw, regarding Voncken's musette...

I am improving the current version which I have uploaded (I have finally memorised the whole melodic progression) and am looking forward to some free time when I can record the improved version. I'll keep posting on improvements.

Also, while watching Baartmans, I suddenly got this craving sensation to play "American Patrol" by Glen Miller. Very nice, awesome I would say, as big band styles involve very rapid chord progression (both harmonic and melodic), but it will take its time to get in my mind.

------------------
TYROS 2
Inspired by Nature
Designed by YAMAHA

[This message has been edited by jxuereb (edited 01-28-2006).]

#101165 - 01/31/06 05:44 PM Re: Peter Baartmans T2 Movie
Jacky-D Offline

Loc: Netherlands
Quote:
Originally posted by drdalet:
Recently I visited a demo with Baartmans and Voncken, together this time. It was great.

May i ask where you got the demo with MV and PB playing together? Do you have a link for us?
Thx JD

#101166 - 02/04/06 04:28 AM Re: Peter Baartmans T2 Movie
jxuereb Offline

http://s50.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=2M7TL2TDWURXC01LYYUBU8AK42

The link for Voncken's Musette (improved version - has a small mistake or two in the chord sequence which are quite negligible).

Any comments on it would be appreciated.

------------------
TYROS 2
Inspired by Nature
Designed by YAMAHA

#101167 - 02/10/06 02:44 PM Re: Peter Baartmans T2 Movie
drdalet Offline

Loc: Amersfoort, Netherlands
Quote:
Originally posted by Jacky-D:
May i ask where you got the demo with MV and PB playing together? Do you have a link for us?
Thx JD

Sorry my reaction is a bit late. But there is no link. I saw them both, demonstrating at a school in Hilversum, Netherlands.

[This message has been edited by drdalet (edited 02-10-2006).]

#101168 - 02/13/06 08:38 AM Re: Peter Baartmans T2 Movie
jxuereb Offline

Today I visited my Yamaha dealer to check again on Tyros 2. I was disappointed, as there were none in stock. I asked for Tyros 1 also, but apart from finding none, I came to find out that Yamaha stopped shipping them. Can anyone confirm this rumour?

In the end, I spent about an hour checking out the PSR-3000. I found it quite nice (nothing on T2, of course).

Regarding the MegaVoices, I believe that they can be quite playable with a little practice (the 12StringGuitar in particular has only 2 main velocity changes, both of which are playable). In fact, I believe that the effects for the guitars are available only in the highest 2 octaves for some guitars. The Super Articulation may, therefore, be considered a MegaVoice if we understand it by velocity-switching layers (check out Voncken's demo of these voices for yourselves).

Don't get me wrong, however. Some MegaVoices have as much as 7 velocity layers, and they are quite shuffled in their placement, unlike Super Articulation voices.

I have been told that the Tyros 2 will be in stock in about 2 weeks' time. Hopefully I will be able to check it out. I'll send feedback with my personal reactions as soon as possible.

------------------
TYROS 2
Inspired by Nature
Designed by YAMAHA

[This message has been edited by jxuereb (edited 02-13-2006).]

Page 11 of 11 < 1 2 9 10 11

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online