SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 11 < 1 2 3 4 5 10 11 >
Topic Options
#101084 - 12/24/05 05:20 AM Re: Peter Baartmans T2 Movie
mikeathome1 Offline

Loc: Syracuse NY
I starts then the sound stops and the video gets all scrambled. I have walked away for an hour thinking I may have to let it download. I have cable internet.
I tried the new one and it did the same thing. Thanks for trying, I have never had this problem with all the demos and movies and cartoons.

#101085 - 12/25/05 03:49 PM Re: Peter Baartmans T2 Movie
arcadia Offline

Loc: Australia
Has anyone any suggestions? I downloaded the latest version of Quicktime in order to watch and listen to Peter Baartman's T2 Movie, but when I open Quicktime and try to play any audio files, it sounds like they are playing underwater with excessive reverb!! Windows Media works perfectly with no problems. I have a fairly new system running XP with 512MB RAM, and would appreciate any help.

#101086 - 12/25/05 09:07 PM Re: Peter Baartmans T2 Movie
jpapas Offline

Loc: Somewhere in CA
You can try messing with Quicktime's setings under edit/preferences. Also try closing all processes that might be using/clogging your internet connection. It's also possible that Piens doesn't have a big enough bandwith or fast enough connection.
I'm no expert in computers, but noticed that after the first song is over and all those colored lights stop turning on and off the video and audio stabilized and everything went smoothly, so I don' know if that has anything to do with the problem. Anyone noticed that?
Anyway I hope that helps.
Good luck and keep trying cause it's worth the effort.

#101087 - 12/25/05 09:22 PM Re: Peter Baartmans T2 Movie
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
I've tried several times to get it. I can hear the music, but no video. It keeps telling me I need to install the plugin, but then says it isn't available. I've updated QT, but still no video.
DonM

#101088 - 12/25/05 09:40 PM Re: Peter Baartmans T2 Movie
jpapas Offline

Loc: Somewhere in CA
Not sure, but i think it uses the xvid codec. Google it and install it. It might work. I got the same message once, but don't remember if that did the trick.

#101089 - 12/26/05 07:38 AM Re: Peter Baartmans T2 Movie
lahawk Offline

Loc: Lehigh Valley, Pa.
I HATE QUICKTIME !

I have Windows XP SP2
Broadband Cable
The latest QT player.

Baatman's video never played, after waiting 7 minutes.
Vonkon's video, sort of played, but it was choppy and annoying.

I tried right clicking and saving, but of course I was not allowed. "No such Interface Supported"

I don't know why anyone would use Quicktime It's an annoying, intrusive application, that adds itself to your start menue, and forces you to use QT format. And the latest version adds I-Tunes to the download. I don't want I-Tunes. Stop force feeding the users!

Quicktime has now taken over the lead as the most annoying player on my list, surpassing Real. Real is now much more stable, while QT is just bad. I heard there is an alternative player that will play Quicktime formats, without the hassles. I'll have to check that out.

Anyway, it's a shame, as the video posted by Jerry looks to be promising. Now if it would only work.

I'll try again later, because as you can tell, I'm getting frustrated. Sorry, but I needed to vent.

Larry

Hawk Music
Sadly No More frown

♫ 🎹🎹 ♫ SX-900

#101090 - 12/26/05 07:48 AM Re: Peter Baartmans T2 Movie
lahawk Offline

Loc: Lehigh Valley, Pa.
Eddie,

Your Baartman's Video Link worked great.

I wonder if you can do the same magic with Vonckon's video.

I don't know how you made it work, but thanks!

(Oh yes, the video demo is awesome).

Larry

Hawk Music
Sadly No More frown

♫ 🎹🎹 ♫ SX-900

#101091 - 12/26/05 08:24 AM Re: Peter Baartmans T2 Movie
korg4god Offline

Loc: Dodge City, Kansas 67801
I'm having trouble as well.... I just launched the demo video for the 5th time AFTER loading the newest Quicktime...still waiting to see if something happens....

"Sing"cerely,

JEff

Dodge City Schools -USD 443
Forte Music School

http://forte.musicteachershelper.com

#101092 - 12/26/05 09:36 AM Re: Peter Baartmans T2 Movie
KN_Fan Offline

Still doesn't work for me. I did get to watch (with sound) about a quarter of the demo before. The problem started when I tried to fast forward the demo. I have been having problem since then. I tried cleaning up my RAM, (have 512MB) but still the same.

Oh well. I want to think it's more of their server's problem due to streaming audio/video..they really need a good and fast server since more and more people coming to their website to view the demo? Then again I don't know much about the technicality of broadband internet so I might be wrong.

#101093 - 12/26/05 09:42 AM Re: Peter Baartmans T2 Movie
eddiefromrotherham Offline

Loc: Rotherham,England.
Quote:
Originally posted by lahawk:
Eddie,

Your Baartman's Video Link worked great.

I wonder if you can do the same magic with Vonckon's video.

I don't know how you made it work, but thanks!

(Oh yes, the video demo is awesome).

Larry

Hi Larry
I am glad that you were finaly able to get to hear and see Peter Baartmans genius.
As for the Michel Voncken demo , I thought that you had already succeeded because in topic 012303 you told us about it!
I downloaded the Michel demo onto my desktop and then found it wouldn't play in Windows Media Player, so I tried it in Winamp and it worked perfectly! It is about 56MB and plays for about 12 minutes. It's good, but not nearly as good as Peter Baartmans.
By the way, for those who have not yet succeeded, you have to know that Peter speaks in Dutch and Michel speaks in German. But what the heck!,their playing makes up for it
By the way , I have put a link to Peter's demo on my webpage (which links directly to the movie on my FTP). Whether it will work for others though still depends on whether it behaves for them

cheers
Eddie

------------------
Eddie from Rotherham
www.yamahakeyboards.info

Page 3 of 11 < 1 2 3 4 5 10 11 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online