SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#101055 - 07/19/07 10:58 AM Re: Cakewalk SONAR & Roland VA 76
miden Offline

Loc: The World
to have sonar playback the midi file you would need to re-connect the out cable...when you have done this,play the midi data you have recorded (or any midi file really!!) does it still play with the echo? if not then the problem lies with the midi setup on the va76..if it does then re-check your midi on sonar (and the va76!!)....i have mine setup as previously mentioned...midi in/out to the keyboard (sd1+) local off,and "always echo midi" in sonar off as well....
dennis

#101056 - 07/19/07 07:42 PM Re: Cakewalk SONAR & Roland VA 76
claudiu Offline

Loc: Sterling Heights, Michigan USA
I only have the MIDI OUT cable connected to my roland now. I go into sonar, i turn the Local Parts OFF in my roland and i have no sound. i Turn the Local Parts ON, and i have sound. I arm for record, i don't have any control because i can't hear the metronome from Sonar .. but i record, i have NO echo ( yay.. )..and i stop. playback, no sound. Pull the midi out cable from my roland, reconnect it, no sound when i playback.I connect the MIDI IN to my roland too, i playback, It DOES play back but with echo, and some notes aren't played..and it's just not right. I don't know what else to do

#101057 - 07/19/07 09:59 PM Re: Cakewalk SONAR & Roland VA 76
adimatis Offline

Loc: Oradea, RO
claudiu,
no need to do it so complicated for yourself.

try to consider midi setup as mathematicaly as you can. after that you'll get to the music part too!
but more than anything, midi is about technically setting things right.
but with sonar is particulary easy to do that, because you have 16 channels available for each track, for midi in and for midi out. this way you can record all 16 track (accompaniment and others) at once, from your keyboard, for instance.

anyway... if you read carefully the help section of you sonar, it would make things easier.
and here it is the best site IMO for clearing the things up.
http://www.tweakheadz.com/guide.htm

#101058 - 07/19/07 11:16 PM Re: Cakewalk SONAR & Roland VA 76
miden Offline

okay claudio, i understand your pain!! go back to your original setup...PC midi out to VA76 midi in and va76 midi out to PC midi in...turn local on, on the VA76 and ensure that in sonar all midi echo/thru is disabled..its a basic midi setup but it should work assuming everything on the va76 is setup correctly (and you are getting some sound so someting is working!!)..result? you will hear what you are playing on your va76 (assuming the audio outs from it are connected to the mixer and speakers) and sonar will record midi notes coming in, and then after recording make sure you turn off the "R" on the midi track just recorded should then replay back okay...
dennis

[This message has been edited by miden (edited 07-19-2007).]

#101059 - 07/21/07 12:06 PM Re: Cakewalk SONAR & Roland VA 76
claudiu Offline

no miden..doesn't work..plus, that's kinda ghetto..pulling out the midi out cable and putting it back in every time i try to playback my recording. I'm so disappointed in me.

1. I have this: http://www.muzoborudovanie.ru/equip/studio/homekeyb/pict/rolandva76.jpg

2. I have this: http://www.dolphinmusic.co.uk/shop_image/product/6e9de0d0b7eb78c0f3cc4763d051aa98.jpg

3. I have this: http://rekkerd.org/img/articles/cakewalk_SONAR6_Producer_Box.jpg

please...again, tell me how to set them up..in order for me to record.

#101060 - 07/21/07 01:46 PM Re: Cakewalk SONAR & Roland VA 76
miden Offline

claudio, read my previous post...one other thing, make sure that midi TX + RX are also activated on the va76

#101061 - 07/21/07 02:20 PM Re: Cakewalk SONAR & Roland VA 76
rphillipchuk Offline

Loc: Ontario Canada
Quote:
Originally posted by adimatis:
claudiu,

anyway... if you read carefully the help
and here it is the best site IMO for clearing the things up.
http://www.tweakheadz.com/guide.htm

What an excellent site...Thank you ver much

Styles
Yamaha Styles Only
Midi Safe

#101062 - 07/21/07 04:20 PM Re: Cakewalk SONAR & Roland VA 76
claudiu Offline

yes, i was on that website, it doesn't help my much. it doesn't explain me what to do on the ROLAND in particular. It just gives me the general idea of connecting the keyboard to the pc. I think the keyboard is the problem. Something in there doesn't allow me to do what i want to do and i don't know what it is.

and yes miden, RX and TX are on ...

#101063 - 07/21/07 05:53 PM Re: Cakewalk SONAR & Roland VA 76
miden Offline

hi claudiu,
what i described is a "bog standard" midi setup..if its not workig for you, either there is a serious fault with your keyboard (doubtful) or a user error somewhere in the chain..sorry but thats about the only 2 things i can come up with...i have been using midi since 1985 and it ALWAYS works the same...you can get more in depth and complicated setups with additional modules and controllers, but with just a PC, midi interface and a keyboard it doesn't get much simpler..(and roland have a VERY GOOD midi implementation btw).....please do not read this as a criticism of you personally, it is not that..just something is goofing somewhere and without being able to physically look at your setup, about all i can do is give the standard general setup info...good luck in getting your system working...
regards,
dennis

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online