SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#101027 - 11/07/01 10:51 AM Re: PSR 2000 / PA 80
Krix Offline

Loc: Linkoping, SWEDEN
Who wants to be referee in this struggle?
Not me! I have no keyboard yet.

Krix, still a Swede

#101028 - 11/08/01 10:48 PM Re: PSR 2000 / PA 80
shiral Offline

Loc: IL, USA
Quote:
Originally posted by Mambomatze:
.....Btw, i didnt understand how many variations/fills the PA 80 no has. 4 Variations and 2 Fills, is this correct ?!?

cheers from Germany

Mambomatze, Yes, It's correct. But somebody said the number of fill-ins going to be 4 in OS 3.0, but I don't know it for sure. I tried to check that with Korg, but they did not reply. (Of course, I am very unhappy to be ignored even after paying $2000 for this keyboard :-( )

Shiral

#101029 - 11/08/01 11:10 PM Re: PSR 2000 / PA 80
Beakybird Offline

I remember when I purchased a Korg synth module about four years ago. I looked at the manual and couldn't understand it (The English was obviously translated). I looked for a phone number for technical support and the area code of the nearest listing hadn't been used in that city for at least eight years. I thought, wow they haven't updated this information in at least eight years. Of course, the place didn't even exist anymore even calling the right area code. That definitely didn't impress me.

I would be interested in the PA 80 if the new OS allows four fill-ins. I'm still concerned about two bad things I heard about the PA80. For one, the fill-ins don't come in fluidly. This is not good if it's true. The Yamaha fill-ins come in flawlessly. Second, the vocal harmonizer isn't good. If this is true, I would hesitate before I bought one. The vocal harmonizer on the PSR-2000 is supposed to be very high quality.

Larry

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online