SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#100814 - 11/09/06 08:53 AM Re: Effect of Ohio Smoking Ban???
captain Russ Offline

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
Last year about this time, I quit smoking pipes. I'm just now finishing up a year of braces, retainers and weekly adjustments.

The harmful effects of smoking are we'll known, but this problem (usually resulting in painful TMJ) is really common.

I just can't figure out what to do with hundreds of expensive pipes. Some are very dangerous pieces of art costing hundreds of dollars.

Talk about a TERRIBLE investment...!

Russ

#100815 - 11/09/06 09:12 AM Re: Effect of Ohio Smoking Ban???
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Russ, why not donate them for display purposes [behind glass], at your favorite non smoking restaurant....an outdoor display where smokers have to exit the premises...to smoke.

It can give them something to do and talk about , while they freeze their butts off this winter..

I notice as fall has approached the smokers breaks are getting shorter and shorter...

#100816 - 11/09/06 11:31 AM Re: Effect of Ohio Smoking Ban???
Diki Online   content

Loc: NW Florida
I guess the best time to quit would be as winter approaches..... Nothing like facing freezing your butt off to make you reconsider going outside for that drag....

#100817 - 11/09/06 03:44 PM Re: Effect of Ohio Smoking Ban???
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Quote:
Originally posted by SemiLiveMusic:
FWIW, I hate cig smoke but I'd rather have to contend with that anyday versus cigar smoke. That is the stinkingest stuff ever invented. Just awful. OTOH, when I was young, I used to like to smell pipe tobacco. I haven't smelled anyone smoking a pipe in decades. Isn't that odd. That really went out of fashion.

I am a former cig smoker - smoked for 15 years, quit cigs 35 years ago - not sure when I started smoking cigars ... I enjoy the AROMA of a good cigar, as well as the taste ... but I CANNOT STAND the SMELL of cig smoke ...
Also smoked a pipe at one time ...

Coincidently, on my drive to work today I passed a guy smoking a pipe in his car ...

... and NO, I don't moke in my car or truck ...

t.

#100818 - 11/10/06 05:04 AM Re: Effect of Ohio Smoking Ban???
eddiefromrotherham Offline

Loc: Rotherham,England.
Hi Tony
Interesting that you are able to smoke cigars without going back to the evil cigarette.
Since cutting out all forms of tobacco 17 years ago, I have often wanted to smoke a cigar which I really enjoyed then and would surely enjoy again.
Strewth , in the last few years, I have also had to cut out beer because of coeliac disease and also cheese and associated goodies like pizzas because of lactose intolerance. I surely should be allowed an occasional cigar
Now even my wife would like to smell the wonderful aroma of a cigar but I am afraid that the old curse of cigarette smoking might just come back.

Is it so easy for you??????
cheers
Eddie Johnson

------------------
Eddie from Rotherham
www.yamahakeyboards.info

#100819 - 11/10/06 05:13 AM Re: Effect of Ohio Smoking Ban???
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Eddie .... not that I would encourage anyone to resume smoking anything, ... but since you asked ...
I have NO desire for a cigarette, EVER ... as I said the smell of cig smoke really bothers me - strange?, I guess ...
As for the cigars, since I only smoke on the golf course or when working outside the house, during the winter months I rarely smoke at all ...
However, when I AM on the GC or working outside, I feel that something's missing if I don't smoke ...
t.

#100820 - 11/10/06 06:14 AM Re: Effect of Ohio Smoking Ban???
captain Russ Offline

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
Me, too, Tony. Never smoked cigarettes, but really enjoyed my pipes (and an occasional pass at other herbs, in college).

Now, I relax with a fine cigar several times a week. Like you, never in the car or house.

Russ

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online