SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#100738 - 07/08/03 12:03 PM Three songs for the summer
Dreamer Offline

Loc: Rome - Italy
I have just added to my website three new songs: "A felicidade" (from the movie "Black Orpheus"), "Samba de uma nota so" (One note samba) and "Samba do verao" (which literally translates as "Summer Samba", but the song is better known as "So nice").
Technical note: the three songs have been recorded live (except a bit of overdubbing in the intro of "A felicidade") with my 9000 pro and, for the first time, I have used a few sounds from the expansion boards: the Rhodes sound of all the three songs is a layer made of an internal sound, a sound from the PF board and another sound from the DX board, while the acoustic piano heard in "A felicidade" is a layer of the internal Live Piano and the piano found on the PF board.
In all the three songs I have also used another Rhodes sound (an internal preset) for the left hand, because I think that it cuts better through the mix, and also because I think that it's appropriate for this kind of music.
Hope you enjoy.
http://andrearotolo.tripod.com/dreamer/id1.html

#100739 - 07/08/03 12:27 PM Re: Three songs for the summer
Dnj Offline

So ...."So Nice"..... Andre,

Very well done, I enjoyed it sitting here sipping some of Gary's homeade Kahlua on a nice summer day!!

Thanx for sharing!!

Ciao

#100740 - 07/08/03 12:31 PM Re: Three songs for the summer
notlos Offline

Loc: Belgium
Hi dreamer,

C O N G R A T U L A T I O N S !!!!!!!!!!!

Nice songs , beautiful playing (like a Brazilian Italiano!!!), I enjoy this songs while sitting and listening with a glass of "vino" in my garden !!!!

Keep the "Brazil" spirit on !!!!

notlos

------------------

#100741 - 07/08/03 12:38 PM Re: Three songs for the summer
Anonymous
Unregistered

Cool bossas, Andrea! Very nice, and bravo for your improvisation in 1 Note Samba! -- José.

#100742 - 07/08/03 01:20 PM Re: Three songs for the summer
Anonymous
Unregistered

Well done, "Bossa Andrea Nova" ..

You begin to be the king of this "genre"..

The sound is very clear, you play better than before ...

Just a little thing : sometimes you change the chords a little bit too late . It is practically imperceptible but if you made attention at this, your songs should be have more "swing and dash"..

Sorry for my bad English..

JJ

#100743 - 07/08/03 01:25 PM Re: Three songs for the summer
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Andrea: Beautifully performed songs! As I told you when we chatted the other day, these newest songs are a testament to how much your recent trip to Brazil has truly influenced and raised your musicianship to yet another higher level. Perhaps this might be a great excuse for me to plan a trip to Brazil now as well.

Great playing, terrific solos. Your songs also highlight how realistic Yamaha acoustic sounds & styles are, as well as showcase the impressive voices of your new expansion board. Listening to your music feels now like I'm listening to a live band of real living breathing musicians, and NOT to an arranger kb, or to quote that old TV commerical:

"Is is live, or is it Memorex ?"

Andrea: Thanks again for having given me the honor to have heard these new songs first.

Scott

#100744 - 07/08/03 01:54 PM Re: Three songs for the summer
Anonymous
Unregistered

Dreamer,

I say that IMHO, naturalmente..

JJ

#100745 - 07/08/03 05:40 PM Re: Three songs for the summer
Dnj Offline

Scott,

Take lots of pictures from Brazil on your trip. It will be nice to hear your take on the Bossa beatplayed om the Tyros upon your return.

#100746 - 07/08/03 07:24 PM Re: Three songs for the summer
ChicoBrasil Offline

Loc: Belo Horizonte,Minas Gerais,Br...
Hello Amigo.

Mama mia !!! , You was contaminated by a virus named : brasilian way of life (and play songs too!!!)

Meu abraço .
Chico

#100747 - 07/08/03 07:49 PM Re: Three songs for the summer
Benno Kattenat Offline

Loc: qualicum beachBC Canada
Hello DEAMER

nice playing hombre si bueno,gracias,BENNO

#100748 - 07/08/03 11:03 PM Re: Three songs for the summer
Dreamer Offline

Dear friends,
thank you
mercì beaucoup
muito obrigado
muchas gracias

Andrea

#100749 - 07/09/03 07:50 AM Re: Three songs for the summer
SD_FAN Offline

Loc: São Paulo, SP / Brazil
Oi Andrea.

Again,

B R A V O !!!
B R A V I S S I M O !!!

You really are Andrea "o brasileiro".

Um grande abraço.
Armando

#100750 - 07/09/03 10:45 AM Re: Three songs for the summer
Dreamer Offline

Oi Armando,
minha cara corou por o prazer; um grande abraco e ate mais ver.
Andrea

#100751 - 07/10/03 08:58 AM Re: Three songs for the summer
Bill E Offline

Loc: nashville
Hi Andrea, it is clear that you have a real feel for, and love of this music. Very nice playing and recording. The Pianos sound wonderful. Great job.
Bill

#100752 - 07/10/03 09:11 AM Re: Three songs for the summer
Dreamer Offline

Hi Bill,
thanks! You really made my day with your nice words; hope to hear soon something new from you and your beautiful guitar.
Andrea

#100753 - 07/10/03 05:37 PM Re: Three songs for the summer
Frank Bez Offline

Loc: Avila Beach, CA, U.S.A.
TOO marvelous for words

#100754 - 07/10/03 06:24 PM Re: Three songs for the summer
Tony W Offline

Loc: Lancaster UK
Excellent as ever Dreamer. I would like to think that the difference in sound between my 9000pro and yours could be due to my lack of expansion boards....it is more likely due to my lack of talent
Bravo and keep em coming!
Very best to you
Tony W

#100755 - 07/10/03 09:07 PM Re: Three songs for the summer
Dreamer Offline

Frankie,
many thanks you for your offer; I need to think about it a bit, though; you see, I am not a professional musician, so I must first realize what your offer could mean to me.

Frank,
thank you a lot, really; I hope that you will play these songs from time to time while you work at your computer and hope that they will help you remember your italian friend.

Tony,
come on now: don't give me that "lack of talent" stuff! Just select a nice Bossa Nova style and start playing! Of course listening to a lot of this music helps too... Many thanks for your words and...I am looking forward to your next songs.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online