SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#100667 - 11/18/05 06:22 PM You Asked For It....Enjoy...
Tony Rome Offline

Loc: Cozumel Mexico
here is another one for Bebop Bill's CD... hehehehe http://s12.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=1E2R11ARWTZZ51E1P8GNIE6AWY

Tony Rome

#100668 - 11/18/05 06:46 PM Re: You Asked For It....Enjoy...
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Hi Tony,
(hope I've got the right link)
Your Red Sails in the Sunset sounds great. Really luv your choice in music. They just don't write them like that anymore.
Bring back the good ol' days. haa haa
though I would miss the technology.

best wishes
Rikki
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Tony Rome:
[B]

[This message has been edited by rikkisbears (edited 11-18-2005).]

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#100669 - 11/18/05 10:16 PM Re: You Asked For It....Enjoy...
BEBOP Offline

Loc: San Jose, California
Quote:
Originally posted by Tony Rome:
here is another one for Bebop Bill's CD... hehehehe http://s12.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=1E2R11ARWTZZ51E1P8GNIE6AWY

Tony Rome
I got it Tony, this is number 7, and counting. A might fine job of a long time favorite I have played many times, especially in the Navy (trade) bar I used to have in Long Beach.
Thanks for sharing amigo,
Mucho Bueno
Bebop

#100670 - 11/19/05 01:32 AM Re: You Asked For It....Enjoy...
Tony Rome Offline

Bill....Have you had a listen to the Paul Anka tunes I've recorded in Spanish...it's a little twist of a couple of oldies by Paul
you will know them...
Tony Rome

#100671 - 11/19/05 04:56 AM Re: You Asked For It....Enjoy...
chony Offline

Loc: New York
Wow. What keyboard?

#100672 - 11/19/05 05:10 AM Re: You Asked For It....Enjoy...
chony Offline

Loc: New York
Quote:
Originally posted by chony:
Wow. What keyboard?

One sec. I just listened to your other demo. There can't be a board this good. But the recording and mixing is too good! Is it a karoke track?

#100673 - 11/19/05 06:29 AM Re: You Asked For It....Enjoy...
Tony Rome Offline

Chony...These were all done in studio's using live music in most and some pre-recorded tracks done in the studio..some of the studio work was done in NY. and others were done in NJ....one album was done in Vegas...all of the Spanish was done in a
studio in Merdia, Yuctan Mexcio...I can't play like you "PROS" can, I'm still trying to learn the keyboard but once I do master the keyboard, and I will, someday then I will be able to record my music like the rest of you guys....
Tony Rome

#100674 - 11/19/05 11:23 AM Re: You Asked For It....Enjoy...
BEBOP Offline

Loc: San Jose, California
Quote:
Originally posted by Tony Rome:
Bill....Have you had a listen to the Paul Anka tunes I've recorded in Spanish...it's a little twist of a couple of oldies by Paul
you will know them...
Tony Rome

HI Tony,
I did get them and I was really impressed with the work, even though it is hard for me to get a picture of an Italian singing in Spanish
I think I have shared with you that in 1949 I lived in Mexico for a year at Rosarita Beach when it was only a beach, and played in the Stork club on Avenida Revelution. This was a tourist trap and we played 4 hours on and then had 4 hours off through 16 hours of the day and 7 days a week. I was blowing horns also in those days of having teeth and I always had a fat lip that the lovely senoritas loved to kiss I stayed on that job for a year because every month we got a new troupe of dancers and had to start all over again
I think I should have said I lasted a year.
Back to the point of this post. I spoke a hi grade of pure Castillian Spanish learned in school, mixed with Los Angeles Pachuco street slang. It seemed that most of our band was from Mexico city and they just couldn't understand me. I sang the chorus in the right key but the words and phrasing was wrong. they blocked the vocals off my score and then I just played horn rifs
Well, enough of that for now,
Keep sending us those great songs you have stashed away. We do appreciate them.
Best to you and yours,
Bebop
PS, I was trying to talk to a Mexican National that lives up my street a couple of days ago and he couldn't understand my Gringo English and I couldn't understand his Compesino Mexican. We ended up doing a lot of smiling, waving, noding of heads and pointing, etc.
TIME CHANGES EVERYTHING
B

#100675 - 11/19/05 11:36 AM Re: You Asked For It....Enjoy...
Tony Rome Offline

Bill....Thank you.....I'm still trying to find my Italian album....man I can't find half of the music I did...what with all of the years and moves from place to place and
all of the hurricanes....I lost a ton of music and photos and memories....yes, time does change everything...from speaking Spanish for the last 21 years I've all but
lost my Italian and my east coast accent....
TIME MARCHES ON...PS, be careful of the pretty latin ladies....hehehe
Tony Rome

#100676 - 11/19/05 11:37 AM Re: You Asked For It....Enjoy...
MrEd Offline

Tony,
I started listening to some of the tunes you have made available.
Very nice stuff. Thank You.

Quote:
Originally posted by BEBOP:
[B] HI Tony,
... I think I have shared with you that in 1949 I lived in Mexico for a year at Rosarita Beach when it was only a beach, and played in the Stork club on Avenida Revelution. This was a tourist trap and we played 4 hours on and then had 4 hours off through 16 hours of the day and 7 days a week. I was blowing horns also in those days of having teeth
>>> and I always had a fat lip that the lovely senoritas loved to kiss

Bill, its the aroma of valve and slide oil on the lips that drives them wild.

Ed

#100677 - 11/19/05 12:38 PM Re: You Asked For It....Enjoy...
zalmi Offline

Loc: London, UK
Hi Tony,

Really like your track, and the singing.

BTW who arranged the music? It's really good.

#100678 - 11/19/05 12:59 PM Re: You Asked For It....Enjoy...
Tony Rome Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by zalmi:
Hi Tony,

Really like your track, and the singing.

BTW who arranged the music? It's really good.

Zalmi....Thank you....most of my arrangements were done by Jonie Bea and Robert Jones...the recordings were done
in the early to late 70's some in the early 80's....the Spanish music was done around 98....Jonie Bea was also my musical director for years...she took care of everything all the time....great gal and a kick ass B-3 player....I miss her very much
Tony Rome

#100679 - 11/19/05 02:12 PM Re: You Asked For It....Enjoy...
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Tony. Very nice . . . both your vocals, and the orchestral arrangement. - Scott

#100680 - 11/19/05 02:41 PM Re: You Asked For It....Enjoy...
Tony Rome Offline

Thank you Scott....I, will like you try my new mic tonight, the EV N/D 767a I bought it 1 month before the Hurricane Wilma and it just got here on Nov 10th and I have yet to try it out...tonight my friend and keyboard player will get married and he asked me to do a few numbers for his bride..the Hawaian Wedding song and a few others....I have not been able to sing since the hurricane so tonight is the night
to check it out....I'll let you know.....
Tony Rome

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online