SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#100647 - 11/07/01 08:13 AM PSR 740 for sale
Bluezplayer Offline

Loc: Catskill Mountains, NY
Selling my PSR 740. Comes with Yamaha XG works software sequencer which includes XG edit, a plug in that allows detailed synth editing within the software. 550.00 firm please respond to Bluezplayer@citlink.net

AJ

#100648 - 11/09/01 08:29 AM Re: PSR 740 for sale
B2 Offline

Loc: Westfield, Massachesetts, USA
Hi AJ,

I was noticing your keyboard and software for sale, and seeing you've worked with XG software, I wanted to ask for your opinion. I started a thread under B2, new psr2000 owner. that will give you my background and an idea of where I'm coming from. Basically, I'm a newbie, just cutting my teeth in the arranger/pc software world. I'm in a weekend church band. we want to begin producing and writing more original stuff. Between the 2000 and xg works V3, do you think that will cover our needs. One of the folks purchased an AWE 4416 digital recorder recently, and my thoughts are, between the 3 (keyboard, software and recorder) that we have everything we could want for our level. We don't expect to set the world on fire and mass produce stuff, we just want to set the bar higher and come out with some good, professional sounding stuff. Could you please comment on these thoughts. Thanks for taking the time. any recommendations to help in the education process would be appreciated. Good luck selling the 740 Cheers! Brian

#100649 - 11/09/01 11:05 PM Re: PSR 740 for sale
Bluezplayer Offline

Loc: Catskill Mountains, NY
Hi B2,

XG works does well with the 740, and allows a good bit of flexibility for editing voice patches on the kb. I think though, at least from the responses I got on my question about it on another thread, that the 2000 will allow similar patch ( synth ) edits from within the keyboard itself. If this is true, much of the advantages of XG works over a non xg sequencer, for me anywy would be gone, as I wouldn't really need xg editing. The sequencer in xg works is fairly good too, but I think if I didn't need the xg edit function, I might be inclined to also at least check out a program like Cakewalk ( which I believe also supports xg functions ), because Cakewalk also allows for audio work as well, ( I think? ..lol ) and other users have commented that they prefer the sequencer better in Cakewalk. I can't tell you this for sure, though, because I do not have a current version of Cakewalk to compare. I think you can make some very nice sounding music on a PSR, and a nice sequencing program is always a plus. Sure, the PSR series have sequencers in them, and they work well, but they can't come close to a good software sequence for detailed edits and ease of use. ( neither do any of the other arrangers sequencers that I've ever used, no matter how good they are. )

I'm not familiar with the digital recorder you mention itself, but yes, with the PSR and a decent sequencer and digital recorder, I think you'll have equipment that will be capable of producing some pretty nice sounding music.

Best to you B2

AJ

[This message has been edited by Bluezplayer (edited 11-09-2001).]

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online