SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#100580 - 12/03/07 01:54 AM Re: Yamaha NP-30 Review
doc-z Offline

Loc: Norway
Is it possible to split the keyboard? and have two different sounds playing on the lower and upper part? Like on some of the P series pianos?

Doc-Z

#100581 - 12/03/07 05:48 AM Re: Yamaha NP-30 Review
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Yes, Doc...you can split the PX-200's keyboard and have a sound on each side.

Ian

#100582 - 12/03/07 05:51 AM Re: Yamaha NP-30 Review
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
You can also specify the split point.

#100583 - 12/08/07 02:30 PM Re: Yamaha NP-30 Review
SpeakEzee Offline

Loc: Phoenix, AZ
Hello all,

I found your board while researching for a keyboard purchase. Though I teach music/performing arts in the elementary school, I am not a musician. Please check out my public speaking website if you wish.

I am also researching EDUCATIONAL material for teaching keyboards. We just received a KEYBOARD CLASSROOM of Yamaha keyboards, (haven't opened the boxes yet, so don't even know what I will have available) I do play piano well enough to be able to teach the beginner material, but I am totally ignorant of the great things that should be available on the internet for teaching AND learning how to play the keyboard. My last piano lessons were in 1966, so there weren't many MIDI connections around.

The person who wrote the review of the lightweight yamaha keyboard gave such good information, i was hoping someone could inform me of what was out there in the software world for composing and playing onkeyboards.

Specific questions...is there composing software that is good...any programs that play chords to accompany a melody? or show up music on a monitor? any recommendations? I have sony audio forge software, and some other things i have never used. Any recommendations for getting "sheet music" for a monitor at affordable prices?

I will be happy to give back any information I learn when I have a chance to work with the Music in Education software....and sorry for the thread hi-jack.

#100584 - 12/08/07 07:51 PM Re: Yamaha NP-30 Review
Graham UK Offline

Loc: Lincolnshire UK
I have used Band In A Box for many years and suggest you take a look at www.pgmusic.com
There are Video Tutorials to give you an idea if the program is what you are looking for.
BIAB can create a complete song with chords & melody within 10 seconds, you can input your own chords also. It has a good improvisation feature that will solo around a given melody.

#100585 - 12/08/07 09:37 PM Re: Yamaha NP-30 Review
SpeakEzee Offline

Loc: Phoenix, AZ
thanks, I have looked at it and will check it out more as i learn more.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online