SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#100570 - 08/10/07 09:04 AM Re: Yamaha NP-30 Review
squeak_D Offline

Loc: West Virginia
Goerge, I mean no disrespect, but I'm not the one who ordered the unit. It was a gift from my wife. Also, I know you have great service, that's never been in question, but please understand my reasons for not ordering from you.

You are on the west Coast in Cali. I live on the east coast. I "do not" buy items such as keyboards and have them shipped from coast to coast. It's just way too risky given the "package damage" reputation all the companies out there have (FedEx included). There are many more hands and fork-lifts that package will go through during the delivery.

I normally order from Zzounds.com They have always been very good to me, and resolve customer issues with no problems. MusiciansFriend is just shitty period. I've always thought they were. I don't fault my wife for buying from them either. It was a gift to me, plus she got it 12 months no interest.
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.

#100571 - 08/10/07 09:19 PM Re: Yamaha NP-30 Review
Anonymous
Unregistered

I AM PSYCHED. There I am in McCook, Nebraska, driving through this afternoon, and I see Hershberger Music Co. I figure why not go in, and THERE IT IS. The axe I've been waiting for. The Yamaha NP-30. I played it was blown away immediately. Great sounds, LIGHT AS CAN BE and classy looking. And at 330 or so bucks an amazing bargain. Not to mention a rare fit for a Honda with no fold-down backseat. Upon a brief playing period I was wowed by the sounds. The above review is accurate in the relative value of the sounds, I think, as well as the impressive features for such an inexpensive thing. I'm thinking WHY HAVEN'T I SEEN THIS BEFORE? IN LA? NYC? BOSTON? It seems it's a new model, and I've no doubt it's gonna sell big. The perfect instrument to keep in your room at all times. Haven't plugged it into a sound system so I can't speak for that (but I have a gig in Denver this Saturday so we'll find out.) Thanks, Yamaha!

#100572 - 12/02/07 02:32 AM Re: Yamaha NP-30 Review
tenorclef Offline

I've been following this thread with interest, the Yamaha NP-30 has some very useful assests, ultra light, portable, convincing piano tone. I'd really like to hear some follow up comments from you guys who've been play testing this model. Squeak_D on another thread you mention a design flaw with this model? Hissing on some of the higher keys? Any one else noticed this? Is this maybe with battery useage, my personal interest is using the NP-30 in a Big Band set up where portability and storage can be a big issue. Feedback much appreciated.

#100573 - 12/02/07 07:59 AM Re: Yamaha NP-30 Review
George Kaye Offline

Loc: Reseda, California USA
I've sold more than 30 of these and although Squeak and I went over the slight high pitch squeal that both his and my demo unit both produced, I found this noise to be so faint that I had to put my ears right at the speaker to notice it at all. I've not had one single customer notice this and all are thrilled with the NP-30. It's possible that Yamaha has corrected this but I can't know for sure without opening up new inventory and I'm selling so many right now for XMAS that I can't change out my demo for a new one until after the holidays.

------------------
George Kaye
Kaye's Music Scene
Reseda, California
818-881-5566
www.kayesmusicscene.com
(Retired 2021)

#100574 - 12/02/07 09:19 AM Re: Yamaha NP-30 Review
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
I had an NP30 on my sample account when Squeak e-mailed me about the noise he heard in his piano.

Try as I might, I could hear no noise whatsoever in the unit I had, and my hearing is very good.

Ian

#100575 - 12/02/07 09:27 AM Re: Yamaha NP-30 Review
tenorclef Offline

So this sounds like an issue that is'nt affecting all of the NP-30's or possibly Yamaha have corrected this issue. If the issue is just with the internal speakers i don't see this as a biggy as we'd be using it through a PA.

#100576 - 12/02/07 09:49 AM Re: Yamaha NP-30 Review
squeak_D Offline

Loc: West Virginia
Some units are more affected than others. If there wasn't a problem then Yamaha Japan wouldn't have shipped parts to the USA to repair my NP-30 and others who have reported the same problem. My unit will be shipped shortly for a warranty repair.

Squeak
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.

#100577 - 12/02/07 10:16 AM Re: Yamaha NP-30 Review
Dnj Offline

Whats do you expect for a entry level low priced unit! These boards cost Yammy about 50 bucks to make if that.....cant expect the world....but if you can make music with it & it makes you happy ...so be it.

There are so many other decent choices for a few bucks more.

#100578 - 12/02/07 10:23 AM Re: Yamaha NP-30 Review
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
There's always the Casio PX-200...88 keys, 128 note polyphony...MIDI in/out.

Casio weighs 12 kg...or 26.4 lbs, still pretty lightweight for 88 notes.

It also has Line out R L/Mono standard jacks.

Great deal...cool piano.

Ian

#100579 - 12/02/07 08:52 PM Re: Yamaha NP-30 Review
George Kaye Offline

Loc: Reseda, California USA
And the PX200 has USB and SD card slot for song playback of 16 track standard midi files. It can also use 3 pedals if you wish and it has 20 auto accomp. styles to play as an arranger keyboard.

------------------
George Kaye
Kaye's Music Scene
Reseda, California
818-881-5566
www.kayesmusicscene.com
(Retired 2021)

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online