SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 6 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >
Topic Options
#100535 - 11/15/05 07:45 PM Re: My First Tyros2 Demo Song: "California Here I Come !"
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Scott, my pro comment was referring to producing sequences...not your entertaining quality..

And since our "arrangers" all incorporate sequence playback, that would also have to be included in our arranger discussion group..

#100536 - 11/15/05 08:18 PM Re: My First Tyros2 Demo Song: "California Here I Come !"
Tony Rome Offline

Loc: Cozumel Mexico
I don't know who is right or wrong, however, I must point out that Fran has got to have a great "MUSIC EAR" and I take my hat off to him for picking out the similarities and closeness of the live and the sequenced tunes...I'll bet many of us wished we had that talent...I do....also, Wolf's song was good and his voice was easy to listen to and full, his playing was as good as any I've heard so far....My hat is off to you Fran...good ear....
Tony Rome

#100537 - 11/15/05 10:05 PM Re: My First Tyros2 Demo Song: "California Here I Come !"
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Ok, thanks to everyone who sent their copy of the Tune-1000 version of "I Left My Heart" to me. I've forwarded a copy to theWolf.

Upon comparison listening, though I hear some similarities between the T-1000 & Heikki's auto accomp style 'live played' version, Heikki's piano intro & instrumental fills actually include some different notes, and the ending is quite different as well. I really prefer (alot) the sound of Heikki's, as it comes thru as individual & personal, whereas the Tune-1000 version comes off 'canned' sounding to my ears.

It's obvious to me that Heikki was able to very convincingly reproduce, and via live keyboard playing along with utilizing the Tyros2 'MidnightSwing' style, the Tony Bennett cover version, by simply "listening" to the CD, perhaps as well (or better) than the (pro) folks at Tune-1000 could. Bravo to Heikki to a song well done. - Scott

#100538 - 11/16/05 12:16 AM Re: My First Tyros2 Demo Song: "California Here I Come !"
Scott Langholff Offline

Loc: Pensacola, Florida, USA
Scott and Wolf you cats are sounding great.

Wolf: I would be sooooooo curious to see the video you're talking about with the guy using your midi.

Best
Scott Langholff

#100539 - 11/16/05 02:05 AM Re: My First Tyros2 Demo Song: "California Here I Come !"
TheWolf Offline

Loc: Finland
Quote:
Originally posted by Scott Langholff:
Wolf: I would be sooooooo curious to see the video you're talking about with the guy using your midi.

Best
Scott Langholff

Well ok, you got it. Please note, I do not wish to offend this guy pretending to play on this video. He sent this to me himself, and wrote:

"The video was taken saturday in Silkeborg
I did not play anything I faked to your midi
and waughh people liked it.."

Apparently he thought it was a cool thing to do. Though I wish he would have asked my permission to use it on a gig...

It's taken from my first volume of songs I submitted to PSR Tutorial, a twangy guitar medley. Song is Perfidia. I played it on my PSR-3000 back in May.

And the video is here.

#100540 - 11/16/05 05:48 AM Re: My First Tyros2 Demo Song: "California Here I Come !"
Fran Carango Offline

Scott, by "canned"...I think you mean it sounds like the record...Tune 1000 is pretty good at this...

Matter of fact Tune1000 sequences are the only company that I would trust to perform[that means playing over a sequence]...even if I never listened to the sequence before....they are that "canned"....I mean accurate..

#100541 - 11/16/05 09:05 AM Re: My First Tyros2 Demo Song: "California Here I Come !"
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Fran, curious which of
your demo songs featured on your website, utilized Tune-1000 brand midi backing tracks.

I enjoyed the songs with you featuring your fine back up singer ladies.

- Scott

#100542 - 11/16/05 09:08 AM Re: My First Tyros2 Demo Song: "California Here I Come !"
nardoni2002 Offline

Loc: malaga, spain
scott and wolf,s songs were both excellent,a big thumbs up for the tyros 2,the wolf ,watchout your voice don,t get nicked next, if only i had a voice like that,mike

#100543 - 11/16/05 10:29 AM Re: My First Tyros2 Demo Song: "California Here I Come !"
BlkNotes Offline

Dear Fran;

I have couple of questions regarding your demos. Could you explain how you created these demos (i.e. which equipment, Keyboard, softaware etc.. was used) What keyboard is being used to play these songs? Are they midi tracks, or live arranger KB recordings? In Cara Mia I hear a rhythym guitar as well as various otherlive sounding instruments ( in other demos i noticed this as well). Is that a real guitar recorded or arranger? Are the back-up singers real, or a vocal harmonizer ( if so which one?) Thank-you in advance

PS-- I very much liked your demos. Especially the various accompanying parts

Regards;
BN

#100544 - 11/16/05 01:23 PM Re: My First Tyros2 Demo Song: "California Here I Come !"
Fran Carango Offline

Scott the only Tune 1000 song on my site is It's now or never..

BN, The only keyboard I used is the Roland G1000...I used my equally old[1998] CTX 200 mmx Laptop with the lowly SB16 sound card for recording....
My recording software was Acid Pro 2[since , I am using Acid Pro4]..

All the songs were recorded in a single take[mistakes or what ever]..in a garage..

No harmonizers were used...all live vocals..

Most of the demos were sequences played by the G1000 with live parts played over top..
One keyboard, and three vocalist..

Most of the recordings[trio songs] are recorded without effects on vocals..

BTW Scott , How are "The Love I Lost", "Rag Doll", 'Runaround Sue" and "Oh Baby Baby"?
Do they come across as too "canned"?

Page 6 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online