SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >
Topic Options
#100505 - 11/14/05 02:01 PM Re: My First Tyros2 Demo Song: "California Here I Come !"
zuki Offline

Scott,
Enjoyed the instrumental and the picture. Maybe you can do some Louis Armstrong before your voice heals
zuki

Studio: Korg PA4X/Yamaha DGX670/Boss BR900CD/Tascam DP24SD/MTM Iloud/Sony C80/AGK 214/K&M stand

#100506 - 11/14/05 02:31 PM Re: My First Tyros2 Demo Song: "California Here I Come !"
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA

#100507 - 11/14/05 02:44 PM Re: My First Tyros2 Demo Song: "California Here I Come !"
GlennT Offline

Loc: Medina, OH, USA
Scott, just gave a listen... sounds great!

Glenn

#100508 - 11/14/05 03:16 PM Re: My First Tyros2 Demo Song: "California Here I Come !"
zalmi Offline

Loc: London, UK
Thanks Scott great stuff!

(sounds like there's a lot to learn to use those SA voices)

All the best,

Zalman

#100509 - 11/14/05 04:54 PM Re: My First Tyros2 Demo Song: "California Here I Come !"
kbrkr Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
Scott, great job on the keys.

I do have one critique. I actually like that song played faster at about 160 bpm to really give a lilt and lift to the beat.

Sounds Great though.

Al

Pa4x - LD Systems Maui 28 - Mackie Thumps

#100510 - 11/14/05 05:44 PM Re: My First Tyros2 Demo Song: "California Here I Come !"
TheWolf Offline

Loc: Finland
Scott, I really enjoyed your first contribution.. and well, while we're on the subject of California, here's my newest song. It's using the Tyros2 "MidnightSwing" -style.

I have been to San Francisco once.. and yes, I did leave my heart there.

This song is for you Scott my friend.
Click here to listen..

Greetings to Scott Yee - enjoy the song buddy!

#100511 - 11/14/05 08:15 PM Re: My First Tyros2 Demo Song: "California Here I Come !"
msutliff Offline

Loc: Cottage Grove, MN, USA
Wow, both of you guys, fantastic sounds!

Real nice work, Scott. Those organ sounds were great!

Wolf, what can I say? That was awesome! I'm listening on our home computer down in the basement. I ran upstairs and grabbed my wife, brought her back down so we could dance to your song. It sounds wonderful! The Tyros 2 sounds wonderful! If that's what they mean by a polished, professional, CD-like sound, well, I'm sold. That's what I'm looking for.

Thanks to both of you!

-mike

#100512 - 11/14/05 11:27 PM Re: My First Tyros2 Demo Song: "California Here I Come !"
royandreno Offline

Loc: Sandnes, Norway
Wolf!
Great job, wonderful voice!
The nordic community at this forum is proud of you!

#100513 - 11/14/05 11:48 PM Re: My First Tyros2 Demo Song: "California Here I Come !"
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Many thanks to EVERYONE here who took the time to listen to my first Tyros2 demo song, especially those who responded.

Quote:
Originally posted by Tony W:

Is it me or does the percussion sound much more natural and 'live' than on the Ty 1
Hi Tony. Yes, this is exactly what I too noticed on Tyros2 from the get-go. In fact, I believe the entire T2 sound & style palette sounds provides much more 'natural' realism than T1. I performed direct A/B comparisons between T1 & T2 and the difference was dramatic, even on sounds & styles with identical names. It's obvious that though some samples (like the Grand Piano) are the same on T1 & T2, the overall sound (smooth, rich, and with more body & detail) has been improved, perhaps thru new more advanced DSP processing. My aural impression is that the Tyros1 now sounds 'digital', while the Tyros2 sounds more analog (smoother). Kind of like comparing a good MP3 to WAV file.

Quote:
Originally posted by ChicoBrasil:

Now, I am waiting for some latin tune...
Chico

Chico, I of course am looking forward to record a latin tune, but since Andrea has just WOWED US recently with his impressive T2 guitar rendition of "Chega De Saudade", I thought I'd better hold off at least a little while, as I doubt I could top that.

Quote:
Originally posted by kbrkr:
I actually like that song played faster at about 160 bpm to really give a lilt and lift to the beat.

Al, believe it or not, I actually played this at well over 200bpm, of which can be easily verified by playing back my song, along to the sound of your keyboard's metronome.

Quote:
Originally posted by Tony Rome:
you took us from Candlestick Park to Carnegie Hall.

Tony. Man, you must have been reading my mind, as I fondly remember attending the Giants games at Candlestick Park when I was kid, and hearing Jim Rousey (once San Francisco Giants baseball team organist at Candlestick Park) play this very song, of which in part inspired me to play it now. I admit to having no background or experience playing the organ, so the Tyros2 has given me the chance to finally experience the thrill of emulating one on the Tyros2.

Quote:
Originally posted by kbrkr:
keep it up and Michel Vonchen (spl) will have to watch his back.

Wow, thanks for the compliment, but I doubt Michel will ever have to compete with me, as he will always rein in Germany. On the other hand, here in the US, Michel, WATCH OUT! Just kidding of course.

Quote:
Originally posted by TheWolf:

I have been to San Francisco once.. and yes, I did leave my heart there.This song is for you Scott my friend.

Heikki (aka the Wolf). I'm truly touched by your dedication of "I Left My Heart In SF" to me. For obvious reasons, this song remains close to my heart too, but I have to admit, because it's so 'overly requested' by audiences here (often several times a night), that I've grown to dread playing it, yet another time. Hearing your rendition now though, has given me a fresh perspective. You have terrific vocal potential, especially with the sincerity of your delivery & and your easily understood (clear) diction. I think Tyros2 has provided you the idea vechicle to showcase both your vocal & keyboard talent. I look forward to hearing more good stuff from you. Keep it up dude.

Ok folks.I plan to record another Tyros2 song (including vocals) in a few more days, including showcasing a different style music genre as well.

Scott

[This message has been edited by Scottyee (edited 11-15-2005).]

#100514 - 11/14/05 11:59 PM Re: My First Tyros2 Demo Song: "California Here I Come !"
TheWolf Offline

Loc: Finland
Quote:
Originally posted by msutliff:
I ran upstairs and grabbed my wife, brought her back down so we could dance to your song.

... *sighs*.. I mean wow. That's one of the most beautiful things I've read in a long time. I hope you two are very happy and take care of each other. *sniff*

Page 3 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online