SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#100270 - 01/10/03 10:34 AM Why Can't Tyros load a default Registration upon power up?
kbrkr Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
Ok, I now admit my frustration. Does anyone know why Yamaha chose not to let the Tyros load a default registration upon power up?

It doesn't make sense to manually to set things like global voice volume, compression settings, etc. each time the keyboard is powered up. I can understand using a registration, but why can't a default registration be loaded automatically when the board is powered up?

This is puzzling...

Al G

Pa4x - LD Systems Maui 28 - Mackie Thumps

#100271 - 01/10/03 11:06 AM Re: Why Can't Tyros load a default Registration upon power up?
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Hi Al, I concur with you that Yamaha needs to implement automatic loading of a user 'default' registration file. This limitation is not only on the Tyros, but I believe on all Yamaha PSR arranger keyboards as well. This subject has raised here several times, and I myself have requested Yamaha to implement this several times in the past.

In the meantime, I've just developed the habit of automaticallly remembering to manually load my 'default' registration file (with my preferred KB settings) manually EVERYTIME I power up the keyboard.

Still, I HOPE that Steve Deming (Asst Manager, Yamaha USA Customer Service) is reading this thread and will do EVERYTHING he can to urge the Yamaha Product Development team to get this implemented on the Tyros: via Flash ROM Update.

Btw: Yamaha didn't lie to us THIS time . . . the Tyros is INDEED Flash ROM-able. I just downloaded & upgraded my Tyros from OS version 1.00 to 1.10.

Scott

#100272 - 01/10/03 12:13 PM Re: Why Can't Tyros load a default Registration upon power up?
trtjazz Offline

And add to my wishlist that they do some programming so that when one uses the transpose feature it shows the new transposed chord as opposed to the original untransposed chord on the screen.
Terry

#100273 - 01/10/03 12:27 PM Re: Why Can't Tyros load a default Registration upon power up?
Scottyee Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by trtjazz:
And add to my wishlist . . . that when one uses the transpose feature it shows the new transposed chord as opposed to the original untransposed chord on the screen.
Terry

Hi Terry, I personally PREFER it the way it works now, displaying the chords I'm 'actually' playing. My suggestion would be for Yamaha to implement your request as a 'user assignable' setting option. - Scott

#100274 - 01/10/03 12:30 PM Re: Why Can't Tyros load a default Registration upon power up?
Dnj Offline

Also, on the 2k....I wish they had a
"ONE STEP" transpose button instead of having to push it twice in real time Arggggg!

Otherwise the 2k is the best bang for your Buck for sure!!

#100275 - 01/10/03 12:38 PM Re: Why Can't Tyros load a default Registration upon power up?
Anonymous
Unregistered

One question for the Yamaha users: does each registration save the transposed value for a certain song or not?

Thanks,

-- José.

#100276 - 01/10/03 12:55 PM Re: Why Can't Tyros load a default Registration upon power up?
Scottyee Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Dnj:
on the 2k....I wish they had a
"ONE STEP" transpose button instead of having to push it twice in real time

I TOTALLY agree because this has always been an on going frustration for me too on the 2000. I think this is just a bug on the PSR2000, because on my Tyros, I only need to press the Transpose button ONCE to transpose. Too bad the 2000 never lived up to its promise of Flash ROM ability because the 2000 really is a wonderful unltra lightweight keyboard, and if it were just flash Rom upgradeable, these little bugs could have been easily addressed.

Quote:
Originally posted by Dnj:
the 2k is the best bang for your Buck for sure!!

Donny, This is exactly what I've been trying to tell you all a long. Glad you're enjoying the 2000.

Scott

#100277 - 01/10/03 01:00 PM Re: Why Can't Tyros load a default Registration upon power up?
Scottyee Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by matias:
One question for the Yamaha users: does each registration save the transposed value for a certain song or not?
Thanks,
-- José.

Hi Jose,
I'm not exactly sure what you're asking, but you most certainly CAN save different transpose settings in each Registration. In order to do this, just be sure the 'Tune Transpose' checkbox in the 'Registration Memory Contents' Window is marked. - Scott

#100278 - 01/10/03 01:00 PM Re: Why Can't Tyros load a default Registration upon power up?
Dnj Offline

Scott,

I never doubted your solid advice......
I'm just stubborn and have to try everything before I'm sure. Now with almost everything under my belt the 2k is surly doing its job for now with my New Uncle Dave Designed ULTRA Lightweight.. ULTRA Portable
"Live" Gig Rig!!

------------------
www.donnypesce.com

#100279 - 01/10/03 01:08 PM Re: Why Can't Tyros load a default Registration upon power up?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Scottyee:
Hi Jose,
I'm not exactly sure what you're asking, but you most certainly CAN save different transpose settings in each Registration. In order to do this, just be sure the 'Tune Transpose' checkbox in the 'Registration Memory Contents' Window is marked. - Scott

Hi Scott. You sure answered my question! Sorry for my bad wording. That's very handy, the Ketron doesn't allow (to my knowledge) to save the "tune transpose"...

Thanks a lot,

-- José.

#100280 - 01/10/03 02:11 PM Re: Why Can't Tyros load a default Registration upon power up?
Roel Offline

Hi All,

I'm surprised one-button transpose still isn't implemented in the Tyros.
Matias last words triggered me to step in this thread :

Ketrons absolutely save transpose settings in registrations !!
One-button transpose is standard on Soltons and Ketrons for MANY MANY years ;-)

but ............. perhaps they remove these features in OS4.0 .... ??

Roel

#100281 - 01/10/03 02:57 PM Re: Why Can't Tyros load a default Registration upon power up?
Scottyee Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Roel:
I'm surprised one-button transpose still isn't implemented in the Tyros.

Hi Roel,
I think you need to 're-read' my above posting regarding one-button transpose on the Tyros. I clearly stated that: "on the Tyros, I only need to press the Transpose button ONCE to transpose". - Scott

#100282 - 01/10/03 03:00 PM Re: Why Can't Tyros load a default Registration upon power up?
Roel Offline

I'm sorry .... it is (too) late.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY buddy !

#100283 - 01/10/03 05:25 PM Re: Why Can't Tyros load a default Registration upon power up?
Scottyee Offline

Hi Roel, I guess it REALLY MUST be late where you live (Netherlands) right now, cuz my birthday isn't till NEXT month (2/27). Thanks anyway for the kind Birthday wishes. - Scott

#100284 - 01/10/03 05:47 PM Re: Why Can't Tyros load a default Registration upon power up?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Roel:
Ketrons absolutely save transpose settings in registrations !!

Roel,

You are absolutely right, I just tried it on my X4! How could I be convinced that transpose settings were not saved?? I must have done something wrong in the begining, when I bought the module, and convinced myself that this was not possible. Great! Thanks, Roel.

-- José

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online