SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >
Topic Options
#100128 - 01/05/06 07:41 AM Just a thought about Yamaha's pro arrangers.
squeak_D Offline

Loc: West Virginia
Some here may disagree, but I just had a thought about something. I was listening to demos of the new T2 (again one of the best sounding keyboards I've heard--based on sounds alone).

I also was looking at the original T1, and something stood out to me that I always thought made a keyboard look like a possible toy. Why on the Tyros has Yamaha painted on the bottom portion under the keys the pictures of what all the keys represent for the percussion kits????? I don't know if they do this on the new T2, but I think that makes a keyboard look cheap. You don't find that on Motif's, Fantoms, and Tritons.

You don't find that because buying a Triton Motif or Fantom (one generally) already has good knowledge on how to operated a keyboard, and those icons are not needed. I think the same goes for a (PRO) arranger like the Tyros. The Tyros isn't typically the (first) keyboard for someone. Maybe their first pro arranger.

Do they really need to keep painting those cheezy icons below the keys?

Just my thought.

Also very jealous of all you T2 owners. I really want one myself, but I got way too many other toys for Christmas. To ask for a T2 or any other keyboard would result in the loss of my manhood

Squeak

[This message has been edited by squeak_D (edited 01-05-2006).]
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.

#100129 - 01/05/06 09:52 AM Re: Just a thought about Yamaha's pro arrangers.
Dnj Offline

....Give me a Black Kb anyday like we used to have, I hate these new colors, and silly icons, & pictures.

#100130 - 01/05/06 10:38 AM Re: Just a thought about Yamaha's pro arrangers.
squeak_D Offline

Loc: West Virginia
Dnj, you hit the nail on the head my friend. I'm 100% percent with you. Bring back the (black) bodied keyboards!--and drop all those silly looking icons, and so forth.

Take a look at the new Korg Triton TR. It's a beefed up Triton LE with the same body design, but they changed the color from silver to black! Man it just looks so much better that way

Ever since the release of the Korg Trinity, the silver body has just been WAY overdone! Everything is silver now.

Squeak
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.

#100131 - 01/05/06 11:07 AM Re: Just a thought about Yamaha's pro arrangers.
rolandfan Offline

Loc: South Africa
The drum icons should be removed.But quiet frankly i am glad the tyros2 remains silver. with its cut out corners it is the smartest looking keyboard around...better looking than g70 and pa1x. I prefer silver to black

#100132 - 01/05/06 11:10 AM Re: Just a thought about Yamaha's pro arrangers.
Songman55 Offline

Loc: Baltimore, MD USA
Amen to the black keyboard.

Joe

------------------
Songman55
Joe Ayala

#100133 - 01/05/06 11:57 AM Re: Just a thought about Yamaha's pro arrangers.
George V Offline

Loc: Sofia
Hi Squeak but I'd like to disagree.

Excuse me if I am wrong, but I think that Yamaha has designed the Tyros 2 not only for the pros but also for the home musicians. This possibly justifies the drum icons.

In my opinion those icons make the keyboard more user friendly.

Regards,
George

#100134 - 01/05/06 12:06 PM Re: Just a thought about Yamaha's pro arrangers.
rolandfan Offline

Loc: South Africa
i am guessing that if one likes silver then u like other stuff in silver too like tv's, dvd players, mini hifis, cameras, cellphones etc

#100135 - 01/05/06 12:51 PM Re: Just a thought about Yamaha's pro arrangers.
keyofg Offline

Loc: usa
[QUOTE]Originally posted by squeak_D:
Do they really need to keep painting those cheezy icons below the keys?

Also very jealous of all you T2 owners. I really want one myself... To ask for a T2 or any other keyboard would result in the loss of my manhood

Hi Squeak,

I just have to agree with you... I was out to visit George Kaye last week and took a test drive on the T2 and was so distracted by those little symbols under the keys that I could hardly concentrate on playing.

I had the same problem on my PSR2100, so I just covered all of those little percussy thingies with a strip of duct tape. The tape was a perfect match for the sleek silver finish of the 2100, however my playing did not seem to improve.

Either way it looked so good that I also covered up the Voice and Style letters. WOW! It was starting to look real PRO board now, so I taped over the rest of the symbols and letters.

First the bad news.
When I tried the turn the darn thing on I could not remember where the ON button was and of course I threw out the owners manual long ago... who wants to read that stuff.

Now the good news!
Through pushing buttons and trial and error I finally got it turned on. I was afraid to turn it off, so now I just move the sofa and unplug and replug it in from the wall socket.

Oh yeah, one more thing... I taped over the Yamaha logo and now people keep asking me "Is that a Casio?"

That losing your manhood to get a T2 sounds real serious to me, but look at the brighter side... it might launch a whole new singing career for you.

keyofg

P.S. For those who have or prefer a black keyboard I suppose you could substitute black electrical tape for the duct tape. Now that's PRO

#100136 - 01/05/06 12:52 PM Re: Just a thought about Yamaha's pro arrangers.
korg4god Offline

Loc: Dodge City, Kansas 67801
Don't change colors again... When I got my Pa1X Pro, I bought an apex in silver to match it and my DGX-500 piano. If they keyboards change colors again, I'd have to get a black Apex to match...

Dodge City Schools -USD 443
Forte Music School

http://forte.musicteachershelper.com

#100137 - 01/05/06 12:54 PM Re: Just a thought about Yamaha's pro arrangers.
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
keyofg, Now that's funny! Maybe even black spray paint.
DonM

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online