SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 7 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >
Topic Options
#100188 - 01/08/06 12:13 PM Re: Just a thought about Yamaha's pro arrangers.
MacAllcock Offline

Loc: Preston, Lancashire, England
OK OK we KNOW that the build standard of the 3k and its close relatives raises issues that some of us can live with and some of use can't.

Vive la difference as they say.

Back to the plot.

The drum symbols can be useful. I agree they detract from the "professional" image but I don't see how you can give that information in any easier fashion, once you have made the decision that the information should be provided. Maybe the symbol strip could be made removable?

And I vote for black as the best colour. I have always felt that this gave a keyboard some "gravitas".

#100189 - 01/08/06 12:23 PM Re: Just a thought about Yamaha's pro arrangers.
squeak_D Offline

Loc: West Virginia
Posted by MacAllcock:
--------------------------------------------
The drum symbols can be useful. I agree they detract from the "professional" image but I don't see how you can give that information in any easier fashion, once you have made the decision that the information should be provided. Maybe the symbol strip could be made removable?
---------------------------------------------

That would be a nice option to remove the icons. Actually your post just got me to thinking. Even if the icons weren't under the keys the "manual" will give you that information. All the manuals I've used (even synths) have a "data" list for the drum kits and their key assignments. Even the PSR's have it.

Squeak
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.

#100190 - 01/08/06 01:03 PM Re: Just a thought about Yamaha's pro arrangers.
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Hi Squeak,
I can't understand why you have so much trouble with what you called a "negative "statement by someone...it's not like you've never used them yourself...
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
" I said something negative about the poor construction quality of Yamaha's arrangers," ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You are a sensitive man....wait a little while...you will soon feel better...life is too short to waste time on the trivial.

This icon thing is really rather amusing....I guess the keyboard wouldn't be "professional" enough if it were actually made so that it was easier to use...
It's much easier to go digging for the manual? .....come on....you must be joking?....or maybe not......
Ian

macallcock,
I agree on your choice for the color black, for keyboards....or a lovely rich woodgrain...very traditional.
Ian again

#100191 - 01/08/06 01:40 PM Re: Just a thought about Yamaha's pro arrangers.
squeak_D Offline

Boy, you're quite the rude gent yourself Ian. You make an offensive comment, then try to justify your ignorance, basically saying "get over it".

Last time I checked I thought there was an understanding here to keep such negative remarks "out" of posts in respect for our fellow forum members.

No I'm not an overly sensitive person. I just prefer to keep "snide" remarks out of posts here on the Zone. I try my best to not offend others because I know how words can get twisted.

(Me personally) I feel that some members here need to understand there is more to the keyboard world than Yamaha, and just because someone points out (factual) statements about Yamaha they should be able to do so without negative remarks.

Squeak

[This message has been edited by squeak_D (edited 01-08-2006).]
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.

#100192 - 01/08/06 02:00 PM Re: Just a thought about Yamaha's pro arrangers.
George V Offline

Loc: Sofia
Quote:
Originally posted by squeak_D:
(Me personally) I feel that some members here need to understand there is more to the keyboard world than Yamaha

Squeak,
My respects. Over your post you repeat the same negative words about yamaha keyboards. You started with the Tyros, then came the PSR3000 and I am sure that soon you will proceed with the DGX.

I notice all the things you talk about in my (non-pro) keyboard. It has the same crappy pitch-bend wheel, pleasant silver color and (helpful) drum icons. I can point out many weaknesses about my keyboard. I was lead to buy it after reading many positive reviews and there was no-one to point out its shortcomings.

On the other hand, I feel happy that I own it. I started composing music again and my music was appreciated by the synthzone members.

I appreciate your thoughts on PSR3000. However,I am sure that the weaknesses you pointed out wouldn't stop me from buying one if I could afford it.

And yes, you are right that Yamaha is not everything. Unfortunately, They sell only yamahas here so I can't comment on other brands.

Regards,
George

#100193 - 01/08/06 02:07 PM Re: Just a thought about Yamaha's pro arrangers.
ianmcnll Offline

Squak,

Please don't misquote me and put words in my mouth.
I did not say"get over it"
I did not say you were "overly sensitive".
That is not being fair.
"( and just because someone points out (factual) statements about Yamaha they should be able to do so without negative remarks."
And please follow those rules yourself.You are just as guilty of what you accuse in others.
This is becoming very tedious and a bit boring.
Icon no longer see the point of commenting anymore.It is just a case of utter blackness...or woodgrain.
Bye for now,
Ian

[This message has been edited by ianmcnll (edited 01-08-2006).]

[This message has been edited by ianmcnll (edited 01-08-2006).]

#100194 - 01/08/06 02:41 PM Re: Just a thought about Yamaha's pro arrangers.
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Ian and Squeak...two good guys getting caught up in a squabble....Cool it, we don't want anymore strife , because of PSR..

#100195 - 01/08/06 03:01 PM Re: Just a thought about Yamaha's pro arrangers.
ianmcnll Offline

Thanks Fran...we aren't squabbling...are we?
I appreciate your concern and want you (and Squeak) to know,there certainly are no hard feelings.
We Cape Bretoners love a good exchange of ideas...no matter how wide ranging they are.
Thanks again for your interest.
Ian

#100196 - 01/08/06 03:04 PM Re: Just a thought about Yamaha's pro arrangers.
squeak_D Offline

I have no hard feelings. We just have different opinions that's all

Squeak

#100197 - 01/08/06 04:08 PM Re: Just a thought about Yamaha's pro arrangers.
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Nah! It ain't worth it!

Gary

------------------
Travlin' Easy

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

Page 7 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online