SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#100115 - 06/06/06 10:36 PM Secret love MP3 is up now.....
mdorantes Offline

Loc: Queretaro, Mexico
Hi friends, I just uploaded the MP3 I made in my T2, Secret Love, if I am not mistaking, Doris Day sang that song some years ago, sorry if I am not acurate, keep in mind that I play by ear and I grew up in Mexico(so, I am probably not as familiar with a lot of music as you are, even I do try) and, if I have some bad grammar/spelling, English is my second lenguaje.
Lately, I heard that song in the radio with George Michael, I hope you like it.
http://www.4shared.com/dir/381288/b5ff1919/sharing.html

#100116 - 06/06/06 11:19 PM Re: Secret love MP3 is up now.....
Scott Langholff Offline

Loc: Pensacola, Florida, USA
Hi

Very good again. I discovered that you have several tunes for download, which I did. Nice tunes played in a nice style of playing. I enjoyed your Lenny Dee organ on Yellow Ribbon. I enjoy and prefer listenting to instrumentals the most. I guess it's the trumpet player in me. Do you sing when you perform?

Also, if you get a chance I had some comments and questions for you on the post about the PA60.

Best
Scott

#100117 - 06/06/06 11:53 PM Re: Secret love MP3 is up now.....
mdorantes Offline

Loc: Queretaro, Mexico
Hi Scott:

I only play instrumental music, I did sing as a child, but puberty did it's demage, so I do not sing now, besides, I have an accent, Do you remember the sictom in the 80's "Perfect stangers"?, well, picture this, Balky singing ..... it will sound to funny to be singing a let say a romantic ballad......LOL !!.
So, I stick to instrumental music and make it interesting, so far, in the Phoenix area I am been doing very well, I am also helping friends like Bobby Freeman (Diamond backs organist), who recently got the Tyros2 and needed a crash course, and I share my registrations and tips with him.

I did demo Organs Hammond, Yamaha and even Lowrey in the Chicago area in the 80s, in the AOAI conventions, and they sent me to the local stores to make a "demo-show". Playing the organ for at least 35 years, I got use to have several keybeds, that is why I also have the PA60, I use mainly some styles, most user ones(over 48 and I have to replace some of the factory styles, a very nice feature), and because of the contrast in sound palletes (very diferent age tone generations), I use most of the time the piano in the Korg, but, for my recordings, I am using ONLY the T2. I will see and give a test drive to the upcoming SD5, because as a former SD1s owner, I do like Ketron products too, I may get it to replace the aging PA60. It can make a very nice combination, with the proper EQ, Balance, etc.

#100118 - 06/07/06 07:19 AM Re: Secret love MP3 is up now.....
Walt Meyer Offline

Loc: Silver City, NM USA
Hi,
Very, very nice!
I really like your style of playing. I could tell that you were an experienced organist - most keyboard players do not have that certain touch that comes from years of playing the organ.
Regards,
Walt

#100119 - 06/07/06 08:33 AM Re: Secret love MP3 is up now.....
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Manuel, another nice job.

I watched a program several years ago about Doris Day...They mentioned that Doris Day came into the studio and recorded "Secret Love" in a single take...The producer went on to say it couldn;t have been any better..

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online