Hi all,

I am not for one minute trying to provoke controvesy or argument butI would have to dissagree with Ilija with regard to the styles on the Korg. If as George says the i30 and the 140m which I own have the same styles then they are not in my opinion any more profesional sounding than others of a similar ilk.

Not that I am disparaging the Korg in any way otherwise why would I have bought it,(and indeed elected to keep it after buying new/er stuff)?

I realise that how Styles are percieved/regarded can only ever be a matter of personal taste and after all everyones 'musical ear' is different. However to say that they are 'more profesional' than others like solton Roland and Technics is in my opinion insulting to these very fine Keyboards.

Some of the best styles I have ever used have been on the KN5000 and when I 'test drove' the 6000 it appeared to me that they had only improved.

On the other hand I have found styles on the i40m that have been equally as good (to my ear), but I for one would never presume to suggest that these generalisations on my part should be equally true for everyone.

Loyalty to a prefered brand is all well and good, and I know that there will always be a certain amount of rivalry and corner fighting in this area, but with the advent of programmes such as Styleworks...et al then surely we can all have the best of all worlds?

Tony