Just spent three hours last night playing the S-900. It's a great keyboard, the sounds are relatively close to the T2, but most everything is almost identical to the PSR-3000. Granted, it has some really neat sounds (voices), a few new styles, and some of the buttons have been put back on the board that should have never been taken off.

The screen, however, is very difficult to see if you are sitting down, and obviously, not placing a tilt-screen display on this keyboard was the design of a complete idiot at Yamaha. The same holds true for not placing the USB port on the front of the keyboard where it's more accessible and less danger of causing damage from being inadvertently struck--it just don't make good sense. Additionally, the buttons on either side of the display are black and on a black background. They're very hard to see, especially in low light levels, and they don't line up exactly with the screen items they are intended to trigger. Again, just a dumb design by someone that obviously don't know a damned thing about playing an arranger keyboard. Are you listening Steve Demming? I'm not the only person that feels this way, and I'm one of Yamaha's biggest fans.

Yes, the PSR-S900 is a big upgrade from the PSR-1500, and many other less expensive keyboards. But, IMO, if you already own a PSR-3000, T1 or T2, and they are in good to excellent condition, there's no reason to purchase the S-900.

Just my opinion,

Gary

------------------
Travlin' Easy

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)