Damn I was pretty harsh in some areas wasn't I? Thanks for finding this and posting it keybplayer Mike, here it is in a nutshell. Differences are that the PSR-550 adds a better cosmetic look, a few new voices, multi-color back lit screen, and a song data base.. The 540 is still a decent board... Of course the addition of the sweet and cool voices on the 550 are nice to have. You might still be able to find the PSR-540 being sold by some online or local stores, but the 550 is everywhere and priced good too. You can get it for $499. Which I think is a great deal. I paid less for mine buying from Music123 (of course this was several years ago too) Oops almos forgot to add this.. I owned the 540 at one time as well.. So I can tell you first hand how the two differ. I bought the 550 some time after selling my 540 because I wanted another inexpensive good sounding keyboard that had a lot of bang for the buck. Both the PSR-540 and 550 have a lot of bang for your buck

Squeak

[This message has been edited by squeak_D (edited 10-27-2003).]
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.