Quote:
Originally posted by Graham UK:
When I spoke to a Technics demonstrator he stated they could improve the Harmoniser, but you are going to pay more for it.

What nerve. The Technics keyboards are already the highest marked up insturments of the bunch! In truth, a kn7k cost about the same as a Tyros or a loaded PA80, but the street prices are through the roof! If they truly want to expand their market...they need to add more pro-friendly features...like a quality harmonizer.

I guess the home kb stores have enough success with the outrageous price schemes, but if you found an MI dealer that had the line... you could buy a kn without the gorging that takes place in other piano stores.

I'm not knocking the profit deal.... just the mentality of NOT advertising a true list price for the customers. Most stores mark them up as much as they want, and no one can argue the ammount. I'm all in favor of fair profit, but I can't advocate "made up" numbers in a market so full of fine competitors.

If Panasonic really wants the pro market, they could have it in a second. They just need to address our needs a little better. I believe they stay away from the pro market because they make more money in the home market. Simple business. Pros are a pain to deal with anyway. Bargain shoppers, broke alot, trading in worn out gear. We're the ones using these everyday in the trenches, and I suppose we're not the "poster kids" that Panasonic wants as spokespeople.

Different strokes, but without a "real" harmonizer ...... the kn series is for different folks than THIS folk!