In respect of Nigel’s thinking that the sampling issue has been talked about in other threads, I will not try to explain the issue again. I would only say that to say that
“And sadly, the very people that keep telling us we don't 'get it' are the very ones that fail to recognize the difference between sampling an acoustic instrument,
or out of production synth, and sampling an in-production arranger (whose entire soundset WAS developed legally) so their unsuccessful product can salvage
itself in the arranger market” only goes to show again that the detractors obviously do not get the point on sampling and resampling that was being made. It is not the “definition” and difference of what sampling and resampling is that was the issue (James correctly explained that in another thread). But the point that was being made was the “conceptual moral” similarities between sampling and resampling.
If that can not be understood, I will leave it alone.

If you research the term “unclean hands”, it would give some readers a greater understanding of the broader issues.

Secondly, to say that “I've been using ALL the different components (DAW, VST's, GIGA streaming, MP3 playback, audio time compression, software arrangers, etc.,
etc.) for years now. So have MANY of the posters here" to demonstrate that they understand what the mediastation is, only goes to prove the opposite. That is like saying I have loops on my computer so why do I need loops on my keyboard. I seriously doubt that the majority of us use a computer, keyboard controller, VSTs, host programs for sounds and samples, a style program and try to link them all together on a gig. No! We all want to carry one thing a keyboard. Some use just a G70, a T2, Genesys, SD1 and so on.

Now the MS offers the professional gigging OMB your computer set-up in a single keyboard. If you use VSTs, samples and other sounds from different sources, in an original style or song, when you go to gig you can use all of those sounds if you use the MS. So integration of sounds and styles is one thing that the MS offers that the traditional keyboards do not offer.

As to price, yes it may be little more that a traditional keyboard but after that you mostly would upgrade your sound palate and style palate which you would be doing any way with your studio. So you don’t have to keep changing keyboards every 2 years just to get a few more sounds and styles and you would not have to learn a whole new OS and lay out of the keyboard.

And that brings me to the next point, you actually get more for your money with a keyboard like the MS and other because you are not just getting an arranger or a synth workstation or a Computer DAW but all of them together. So to just compare a MS to a TOTL arranger is comparing apples and oranges.

I also find it strange that now we want to say “There is a quite sophisticated and knowledgeable base of posters here, who MUST be getting tee'd off at the constant harping about how dumb we are...!”
When that was the very point that was being made to put down the practicability of the MS and of style making. Some people only gave members the credit for being able to buy and expensive TOTL arranger, tern on the keyboard, press a few buttons and presto! They sound like a professional 12 member band that has been playing together for 10 years. So that is why the T2 and others in that class are appealing to them.

There were others of us that were trying to convey that there are competent professional arranger and keyboard players who are capable of taking a keyboard and making it sound good with our own personal touch. After all that is what persons with synth workstations have been doing for years.

Dom really has not had a competent musician doing a good professional demo. If he gets a recognizably good musician to play to mediastation, put it to the test in terms of reliability and usability, and it still sounds as it does now then Dom would have to do some more work.

But really, we have not heard the mediastation being used by a competent impartial open-minded musician.

Which brings us back to the original topic. Maybe when they show themselves in the UK more will be revealed about the MS and maybe we will have something to speculate and disagree about like the Audya.