Finally, I got to check out the shoot-out and I'm ready to cast my vote. Incidently, at the link provided by Scott at the top of this thread, there is a new MP3 of the PSR2000's Grand Piano posted for comparison with the 9000 Pro, the PLG150-PF and the Tyros.

I stand by my liking of the PLG150-PF piano expansion card. I'm a big Kurzweil fan and the PLG150-PF is the only Yamaha piano emulation to come close to the warmth and richness of the K's in my opinion. The Yamahas in general tend to decay too quickly in the upper midrange for my taste, with the PLG150-PF having a more natural piano decay than others - some of which can sound very clipped. The overall sharp attack and quick decay makes most Yamahas good for rock 'n roll but bad for solo performance, both in electronic emulations and in the real thing.

As to the arrangers, I was highly impressed with the Tyros piano in comparison to the 9000 Pro and the exp. card. It was warmer than I expected and it sounded better than the native 9000 Pro IMHO (I've never liked the 9000 Pro's native piano sound). This was a pleasant surprise, but in actual use the Tyros could not produce the "Moon River" you hear in this comparison because of it's 61-note keyboard, (the demo was created on the 76-note 9000 Pro) so that has to be taken into consideration.

So my vote goes as follows, based solely on sound:

1. PLG150-PF
2. Tyros
3. 9000 Pro
4. PSR2000 (distant fourth)

As to other brands - I recently heard the Roland 5080 with the piano expansion card and it was superb (and I generally don't like Roland pianos). Korg makes a fine organ. But nobody can top Kurzweil still for electronic piano emulation IMHO and for serious 88-note keyboard performances that'll always be my first choice... too bad they can't make a decent arranger !