Hey guys,

I feel your pain.

I use the G-70 both with a band and in a OMB situation. I agree that it can be frustrating to not have the simple fill/up fill/down buttons. It HAS caused "audio hell" (LOL I love that!) The only workaround I really found was to make User Programs for every part of every song. And name them as such. (i.e. HeyJudeVerse1, HeyJudeChorus1, etc...)
That way I can select User prog up and down and get exactly what I want on the FC-7 or via the panel. It was pretty time consuming indeed but after the 1st time I had some unexpected fills happen live, I invested the time and got 'er done. Each user prog set is saved on a Compact Flash Card (I bought a 2 gig) And I just load up my night when I arrive and set up and off I go for 3-4 hours!

I read over at the Danish G-70 site that Ver 2.0 might have a chord sequencer included (Here's Hoping) and apparently Roland US and Roland Europe are registered there and are actively seeking user opinions and bugs for inclusion and fixing on V. 2.0.

I am happy with my G-70 (besides a couple of little quibbles) Found workarounds for most things that bugged me. (Pun intended)

So, I guess I would advise patience for G-70 Owners (Myself included) as apparently Roland is listening and working to make the G-70 better all the time.