Hi Graham ,
I agree the mix n match is a great way to go.

One thing EMC is handy for , is keyboards that don't have onboard style creation functions. Not a problem with Yammie keyboards because of all the great style programs michael, jorgen & jos have written , but if I'm not mistaken , some of the latest middle range roland keyboards don't have style creation functions, I think they can load a style, but not create. At least EMC would give them the opportunity of creating a style if they wanted to.

I just use EMC for an initial conversion , so I've got a variety of styles to audition when I'm looking for a style for a new song, then if one of the conversions is more suitable than my existing styles, I fix it up , even if it means redoing it by some other means.

Actually the mix n match works quite well with some of the conversions. I luv piano styles ( which sadly my sd1 lacks) The 9000 pro had some great piano solo styles, especially luved one of the ballad styles. Instead of leaving it as a solo, i added some extra tracks from my sd1 ( using mix n match) and it sounds reasonably good.
I've started keeping a library of useful rythmic phrases in my stylefactory program ie phrases like the arpeggio piano's out of the piano ballad style. Next I'll probably start collecting guitar phrases. Why be limited with mix n match by the styles in the keyboard.

thank you for your input
best wishes
Rikki

Quote:
Originally posted by Graham UK:
The main benefit of using the Mix & match feature on Yamaha keyboard and other manufacturers boards is that all the work has already been done for you. Assuming you keep within the same style category some very good results are obtained.

The EMC route I find is very poor and even after conversion a lot of work is involved as most of the balance and volumes are neutralised. There are a few acceptations, but overall only a handful of conversions are worth while.

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022