I was talking to a few people yesterday and boy they were shocked when I told them how expensive arranger keyboards can be today. This one guy had heard so many good things about the PSR-2000, and wanted one for his son.. He planned on buying it through mail order, and when I showed him the price of that keyboard he said his son needs to find a cheaper hobby.. He had such a hard time justifying that price with an arranger keyboard. I also think people don't expect to see the high price tags on arrangers as well... Again it's that old 80's stereo type on arrangers.. A PSR-2000 is considered a home keyboard (even though it's not), and it costs $1199 in catalogs, yet you can spend $100 more and get a Korg Triton LE, which is considered a pro keyboard. For $200 more than the Triton LE you can by a Korg Karma..... So my question is to Yamaha.. If you place keyboards like the PSR-2000 in the home market, why do you sell it for the price of a pro keyboard???? To those not aware of the abilities of these arrangers, to them it's just a overpriced toy. Anyways this guy was so stuck on the stereotype associated with arrangers that he refused to pay that price for what he called a home, kiddie, keyboard... He's going to buy the lad a Casio WK.

Squeak
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.