When I had psr740, I wrote a number of songs and notated on the lead sheet what the style number was. Going back through old songs, now, I can't always find out which style that was relative to the psr2000 I now have.

For instance, http://www.psrtutorial.com/Files/SL740.html says Style 140 on psr740 is called Orch. Waltz and initial tempo setting is 77bpm. I can't find this style on my psr2000 nor on any floppy disk styles I have accumulated.

This happens quite often but I have usually stumbled into the corresponding style eventually.

Someone (thanks F.C.!) sent me psr740 internal styles, so, I _can_ resurrect the file. But I was wondering IF people have found that, yes, the psr740 styles ARE included in the psr2000 files. Or are there some missing? (Thinking maybe I overlooked it.)

Does Yamaha NOT include all styles from previous models?

The other thing of interest to me is... the corresponding style on psr2000 that came from the psr740... will be almost the same but not identical. Sometimes, there is something different enough that it bugs me. A rhythm difference or something. And I will much prefer the psr740 style over the new one. I guess there is no way around the difference, huh?

Or should there actually be no difference but maybe I could tweak something in there and get it to sound the same? I dunno, just curious why some sound quite different from model to model.

EDIT: I just tried the Orch. Waltz .sty file that was sent to me from psr740 internal styles. Yes, this IS the same style. But it sounds crappy compared to how it sounded on the 740. What's a fella to do? The differences in the two are enough that the style sounds 'bad.' Just wondering if there is something I can do. Short of finding a psr740.

[This message has been edited by SemiLiveMusic (edited 05-12-2005).]