It is loud in there----kind of like Guitar Center on a Saturday Morning------Very few chances to hear how anything really sounds.

Saw the Korg PX-----mixed feelings on the color touch screen------while attractive, it seemed to me to have a narrow sweet spot, outside of which you can see nothing. It has less field of view than the Pa80/60 or a PSR2000. As to sound,refer to first comment.

For those who have never seen a Tyros, it has the most user-friendly layout that I have yet seen on a keyboard. VERY easy to see everything,understand everything. Yamaha provided headphones so you could actually hear this keyboard. It sounded like a Yamaha arranger.

A.J. was manning the Ketron booth, and was conducting serious business everytime that I walked by,so I did not disturb him. I did get to actually see and touch a SD1-plus------the visual improvements work well-------no more sea of buttons that all look alike------layout is as clear as a PSR2000---------brief audition sounded good, Would like to explore further.

GEM had a Genesis---can't tell you how it sounds, even though it had headphones. Unlike the Yamaha, it was far from intuitive,the screen was stuck on an edit page from which I could not escape. I was not a buyer so I did not disturb the very busy sales reps.

I never caught up with Dano because you cannot hear your phone ring in there--------We both tried to call but no luck.

The coolest stuff there was all guitar-related. Imagine that! I won't bore you guys with this but I could go on and on----------------

These are just some random impressions of the day. I hope to go back Sunday when, I am told,the atmosphere is much more mellow, most of the dealing is done, and the worn-out reps just lay back and let you examine items for yourself. We wil see. My feet hurt..

Bill