Vic,
I have a question for you. I have the Roland E40 oriental keyboards in my store, and my customers tell me that all the middle eastern sounds that are in the VA products and also the EM2000 and G1000 are the same as in the E40oriental. When I go through all the variation sounds within these keyboards, I find dozens of middle eastern sounds including Ouds, mizmars, nays, cawalas, etc. and the EModified oriental drum set. Are there sounds that I am not finding in these keyboards that are in the E500oriental? I have never seen the E500oriental. At first I thought that there were only 5 or 6 middle eastern sounds in the VA keyboards, but after searching through the banks and variations, I found many more than I originally thought were available.
Again, my question is this.......Are the middle eastern instruments and middle eastern drums different in these keyboards? The sounds in the E40oriental seem to be the same. Am I wrong? Being very busy in my store I have never really compared the VA middle eastern sounds one by one against the E40 oriental sounds. Your help would be appreciated in making me understand if there really is a difference.
Thanks,
George Kaye
(Retired 2021)