I just put a few of my older and newer midi files into the Genesys and I loved the results. The newer files are all choosing GMlevel2 sounds which like XG offer better sound quality and my older midi files are choosing the better panel voices which generalmusic mapped from GM to choose these sounds. This is much more like the Ketron products which use their better voices instead of gm voices.
It's now time to go home and I'm loving this Genesys the more I'm playing it. I have discovered that some of the styles are from the WK8 such as Gipsy but with the new sounds the drums and guitars are so much improved.
Oh, by the way, another new keyboard arrived today from Yamaha. It is the DGX300. 76 piano style keys with light weight, disk drive, and new piano sample called "live!grand", beautiful styling and a selling price of $449.00. With all my excitement over Genesys, I've almost not looked at this Yamaha. I am very impressed with this and anyone looking for an entry level keyboard with a more piano feel with all the arranger functions of the PSR350 will surly like this one.
George Kaye
Kaye's Music Scene
Reseda, California
(Retired 2021)