I thought I'd better "strike first", because you may not necessarily believe everything the "Philly Flash" tells you.

Friday morning was stressful. I REALLY wanted to unload this old dog of a piano, but figured I could pull it off with a guy crazy enough to drive over 20 hours and more than 1200 miles in two days. I found me a "fish"!

Scrambled around talking to the electric and gas company getting heat and power back on the barn and shack (had to make the right impression, you know). Then, put $2.00 of gas in my old farm truck and headed to "Country Cookin", a local restaurant, where I conned "Bubba" the piano player into letting me sit behind the piano, pretending to play, when Dave arrived. I'll have to wash dishes a couple of nights next week, to cover the meal of fried green tomatoes, pinto beans and cornbread, country ham and other "fixins".

The "target" arrived about 6:30 and "chowed down" while I "picked and grinned" for a while (still "pick" ok...just don't "grin" as much as I used to.

We left about 8:00 to "check out the goods" in the barn. Had to do some fast talkin'. The parts were mostly all there. Found three of the four speakers, and the holes in two of them can be fixed with duct tape. And, he really doesn't need them black keys, anyway.

To take his mind off his concerns, I gave Dave a look at the world's finest collection of antique washboards, spoons and gut buckets. With a careful eye on the gas guage, we headed to the "shack out back" for some "shut-eye."

Woke up at daybreak to the melodious sounds of my pet rooster,checked out the ole "fishin hole" out back and headed back down to the barn to load up the goods.

As soon as the "heavy liftin" started, I disappeared outside to "borrow" some gas from a certain Windstar sitting next to the hog pen.

To distract my "fish", I actually talked him into believing that a couple of dried out old horse turds were legitimate souvineers of "Kaintuck" (I guesa it's true...there's one born every minute).

About 1:00, the Windstar headed down the road. I guess Dave didn't notice the gas needle on empty...hope he made it to the nearest gas station.

Hey Dave...Big Lots has AAA Batteries on sale...4 for $1.00, so not having a jack for a power supply should be no problem. And, you really don't need a line out. Just mike it. The plastic parts can be glued back together with super glue. What more could you want?
(Of course, there is the little matter of the horse turd smell...).

Hey, Dave, want to buy a good ole farm truck? Comes with about 1/2 a tank of "Yankee" gas!

"Redneck" Russ

(Please don't believe ANYTHING the "Philly Flach" has to say about the trip. It CAN'T BE that bad)!

(BURP...SCRATCH...FART...ETC).