But why blame Satan?

People should put the blame where it counts: themselves.

There's such a thing called "free agency' meaning that whatever you do or won't do, is because of your own decision. Every action and thought is yours alone.

All those that sue fast food outlets, tobacco companies, and such...are just big whiners that want to turn their self-induced addiction into a big profit maker.

To me only a fool would order super-sized meals and drinks. Super-sized meals in the rest of the world are still half size what you get in the US, so medium-sized in the US.

I think that we've become pretty well informed during the last two decades or so on what overeating, smoking and drinking can do to you.

I guess that I'm lucky that I grew up on homecooked meals...with butter! And I'm still having homecooked meals..cooked with oil, now. Not because I shun butter but because it's a different food culture. Eating should be a pleasure. As with all stuff, moderation, moderation, moderation! (although I utterly fail at moderation when eating ice cream)

Cooking is one of my many pleasures and I enjoy making my own salad dressings, dips, chutneys, etc.

Good topic, Fran! Bon Appetite!

Taike