Quote:
Originally posted by Rhody accordionist:
Thank you for the info, Synth. I'm trying to research everything I can before making a decision. I have not played professionally in 17 years. We (GB band)played summers in the lounge at The Ocean House (Watch Hill, RI)and other venues throughout the tri-state area. Before that, I studied classical music with Tulio Gasperini and was fortunate enough to win the RI state championship in 1978. After that I competed in northeastern and US competitions. It was a wonderful time in my life....can't wait to get my new equipment and possibly "play out" again!

That's great. I will never forget my adventures with the accordian. I studied under Molinaro. I competed and won CT state, northeastern and went on to win the AAA United States Championship in Harrisburg, PA. Too bad the accordian isn't that popular here in the states, if it was else where I and even you with a state championship would have agents hounding us. I play several instruments now, I actually played with big names on keyboards and believe it or not the accordian was used in the background on two recordings, from what I remember and one thing that keyboard and piano background guys ask me all the time is how did you get so fast. Only an accordian player can run those keys. I'm glad your getting back into music I wish you the best of luck, you'll love it I'm sure, there is lots of money to be made if you play your cards right.