The short answer is no.. I bought an M-Audio Radium controller. It has 8 assignable knobs and 8 assignable sliders.

I just don't like navigating with it or the way it feels in my hands, so instead I wind up using my Motif more often as a controller.

It has 4 assignable knobs, but each knob controls 4 different functions ( changed via a pushbutton switch ), so when I output to my softsynths, I still have 16 knobs to use, plus the mod wheel, a foot controller and a breathe controller.

It isn't quite the same as having the real thing, but for simpler synth emulations like the Korg Legacy PolySix, the Motif is more than adequate. With the more complex synth emuators, CSv80 and Moog Modular, I could use a little more.

It's a tradeoff.... and really.. I don't mind... not at all. I could never afford or likely even find hardware counterparts to some of my softsynths, and sonically, they are close enough that it hardly matters.

One thing that is really good though is that I save templates for each synth setup in FL Studio. Saves a ton of time and the midi learn function makes it pretty easy to set each synth up or modify it's controller values.

AJ

[This message has been edited by Bluezplayer (edited 01-27-2005).]